• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Infacol dosage - U/D back from the 3rd vets in a week!

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I've just got home to find Dusty sitting in the corner of the run, not interested in food. Have brought her in, and want to give her some Infacol, but don't know the dosage. If that doesn't do anything, I'll take her straight to the vets.

How much Infacol do I need to give??? I'm sure nothing will be coming out the other end... :(

Thanks so much. I'm frantic here... don't know how long it would take for the Infacol to take effect, but I'm obviously not going to take any chances..... :(

I normally fill the pipette and blob it on Evo's foot for him to lick off. Don't know how much this is, but it has never done him any harm.

Well, I got some down her - no way did the whole 2 ml go down. Syringed a tiny bit of water down too, but again most of it went on the floor or on me.

She's had this before but not for about 6 months. Why oh why does this keep happening??!! Need to deal with this emergency now then take her to a vet that will do a proper investigation on her.

Off to emergency vets - £100 before any treatment so better take credit card. :shock: So annoying, as I just missed the vets closing.

V worried about her......

SarahP said:
Off to emergency vets - £100 before any treatment so better take credit card. :shock: So annoying, as I just missed the vets closing.

V worried about her......

Oh goodness only just seen this
Sending get well vibes...........

Janex

Thanks for vibes. :) Feeling slightly less stressed now. Have left her with the emergency vets, who do an all night service. It costs a fortune, but she got good care there last time. The vet said her stomach was distended and slow, but hadn't stopped altogether, so it must be in the early stages. Going to ring at 10:30 for an update...

Got to ring the vets soon and I'm nervous.... I can honestly say that at times like these I really wonder why I have bunnies. :(

Just called the vet and not much to update. :( They just said she has had all the meds and is quite bright. Picking her up at 6.45, and then will just hope to get her to eat.

Back