• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Twinkle still sneezing

touie

Wise Old Thumper
been to the vets with twinkle today saw the new vet again and she actually managed the injection really well today :D

I said there had been no change and she suggested that if there is no improvement at the end of the course we look at possible allergies. She suggested that Twinkle could be allergic to hay as she has had horses that are and to try redigrass instead!

It could also be her food, what is she fed on?

I have Lucky who was severely allergic to SS, the vet was pants, suggesting chest infection and then PTS. :x

I discovered in the end it was SS, for a few weeks he had his dinner soft :roll: and gradually built up to having it dry again- he's fine now!

yes she is on SS :shock: and she wasn't on that before I had her and the lady insists she wasn't sneezy before :?

:shock: and there i was blaming the cats!1 I never realised but yes its around the food bowl the sneezings taking place..how weird.

Hummm - you've got me thinking now - my sneezy ones tend to sneeze around their food bowls - they're on A & P and were on SS before - might think about swapping back for a while and see if it sorts them out .....

A&P certainly seemed to make my Santa's snuffles worse, so I swapped back to SS. I guess if a bun has a certain sensitivity, then whatever food has the most of that in it, then it could potentially either cause direct allergy, or could exacerbate an existing snuffly condition.

When i got Lily, she was sneezing badly so took her to vets who sed it was a respiratory infection and gave baytril. Nothing happened so took her back and he suggested allergies, had to leave out hay when doing her hutch, then straw next time to see if any allergies to them. Still no change so took her back and she had to have a nasal swab. Turned out it was a respiratory infection and baytril wasn't strong enough first time so increased the dose and sneezing stopped.

All best at vets.

Fiona xxx

thing is she's had baytril, septrin and now depocillin (though she's only halfway through the course) but none have had any effect so far :?

touie said:
thing is she's had baytril, septrin and now depocillin (though she's only halfway through the course) but none have had any effect so far :?

have they checked the dosage of antibiotics? baytril had no effect on lily until the dosage was upped. is twinkle any better now?

Fi x

Back