• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEASE HELP: Need to know today before I head off to B&Q

norrielian

Mama Doe
I need to pop to B&Q on way home so I can get the rabbits into their new set-up this weekend. I've got a pen to section off part of my garage so I need to fasten the pen to the garage wall so that the rabbits can't just push the fencing over but I don't want it to be permanently fixed to the wall.

Then from the pen, they'll have access via a catflap to an outside run, how has anyone fastened their's to walls (again want to be able to move it to clean etc...)?

This is the picture of the run at my old house and it will be a similar set up at the new house (against the wall - no door). They were fastened by cabin hooks before but I want something more secure.

LianspetsMay2005020.jpg

Sorry for the long post but totally stuck on this one and hate DIY places.
Thanks
Lian

I guess you could get two loops (a circle with a screw on the end) then put one in the wood and one in the wall with them lined up so you can put a padlock (or just drop a bolt) through the two loops to hold them together. You probably need different fixings on the loops depending if they are going in wood/wall but the staff might be able to help with that.

Or attach a couple of square hooks/brackets to the wall and then lift the run up so the piece of wood at the back drops over the hooks. You could probably make wooden hooks if you can't find any in the diy store.

Tam

Tamsin said:
I guess you could get two loops (a circle with a screw on the end) then put one in the wood and one in the wall with them lined up so you can put a padlock (or just drop a bolt) through the two loops to hold them together. You probably need different fixings on the loops depending if they are going in wood/wall but the staff might be able to help with that.

Or attach a couple of square hooks/brackets to the wall and then lift the run up so the piece of wood at the back drops over the hooks. You could probably make wooden hooks if you can't find any in the diy store.

Tam

Thanks Tam, like the loop idea with padlock.

Back