• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter tray question

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
teegra is litter trained and always goes in his corner tray. i have noticed that as he is getting bigger the tray seems a little small so i bought him a cat litter tray filled it with shavings, hay and a little dirty litter to encourage him, over the next day he hardly done any poop (started thinking he had stasis) i changed the tray back to his corner one and within an hour he had filled it with poop!

will i ever be able to get him to go in another tray? especially if i do get him a girlfriend his litter tray wont be big enough for two bunnnies.

anyone had this problem before??

please help

abi and teegra

I've just looked at your pics of Teegra's new house. You can get bigger versions of the corner triangle litter trays like he has now. Maybe he likes the security of having the back bit behind him. Might be worth a try.

thats great thanks i will have to get him one :thumb: i thought about maybe the high backed rectangle one but i think a corner one would be better thanks again

abi and teegra

I use a cheap, big storage type box for mine, so you could try that to see if he likes the high sides :? You can see it here:

IMG_2706.jpg

might try one of them first then and if he doesnt like it i can always try the bigger corner tray as a later option

:thumb:
thanks everyone

abi and teegra

Back