• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

wind

cazza

Mama Doe
I think poor chocco has wind again..........she has been laid out since 7:30 not wanting to eat or anything. I have given her some infacol, snugglesafe and some tummy rubs.
I really hope she perks up soon.
she has hardly done any poops since 6:30. she hasnt had anything different just the replenished hay in her cage.

i really do panic when she gets like this - las time is cost £130 at the vets to be told she had wind.

is there anything else i can do for her?

Oh dear poor Chocco :(
How much Infacol have you given and how long ago?
You can repeat a 2ml dose after an hour. Try to give more tummy rubs too.
Do you have any Cammomile or Peppermint Tea by any chance? A weak, warm brew can be given via syringe WITH CARE.
If Chocco is an outdoor Bun then it might be best to bring her indoors so as you can keep a close eye on her.
You could always phone your Vet's emergency number for advice.

Janex

Hi
Thanks for the info i gave her the infacol (1ml) about 45 mins ago but she isnt best pleased at having it. i really do feel sorry for her.
I dont have any herbal teas as we dont drink them - i am gonna have to get some stocks of various things in for her.

She is a house bun and was running about fine earlier, but she just seems to have changed. she isnt making any noises nor does her tummy sound to be. I really do hope it is wind which i think it is as she was very similar the last time. i just feel helpless for my baby.

caz

just checked on her as i thought she would be best in the dining room where its nice and quiet and she was sat up eating a bit of hay and then started to wash her fur............ hopefully she is coming round but ill be keeping a kean eye on her

i think like Jane says Rex tend to have funny tummys and get more of these tummy problems.

it would be interesting if there is anythign to say Rex's get gassy tummies regularly

Back