• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Corner or Rectangle Litter Trays?

Treacle44

Warren Scout
The girls are really good only going to the left side of the bottom run part of their hutch, but it's making the wood stink, despite scrubbing.

Need to get some litter trays but not sure whether to get a corney one in the hope they'll just use this space or get a bigger cat type one that fills the area they currently go in.

What do you have/recommend?

Thanks

T
x

I didnt have success with the corner ones or the smaller cat ones for my rabbits, I had to get an extra large cat one, otherwise they just managed to wee over the sides :?

The large corner litter tray is very successful with Jasper :D
(Clio sleeps in hers and now goes to toilet in a different corner of hutch :roll: )

Just to let you know we use seed tray as wee trays, you can get them in any good garden centre, you need to buy two though, one with holes in it and the other without, we put kitchen roll in the one with no holes then place the one with holes inside this and put hay in it, it works really well as the wee seeps through the hole in the top one to the bottom one which stops poor buns from getting wet feet.

I have regular cat one, but it doesn't butt right up to the edge of Deej's cage so wee still gets under it. :x -(and when he does go... boy can that bun pee for England)!!! :oops: :lol:

So I'm thinking in investing in one of the high back ones like this: http://snipurl.com/littertray or a corner one. Not really sure which as yet, as Deej's hay rack is near the litter tray and he likes to sit in it while he eats, so it needs to be the right shape.

Combine ;) A corner one stood in a big one - that way you get floor coverage and no wee over edges. It's about time the did rectangular ones with high corners.

lol - I need a "wee survey" to work out what side the pee is missing the tray so I can get the right tray for the job. Oh the things we do for our buns!

Actually though I just realised... I cleaned Deej's cage this eve, and his litter tray is still drying off, so he will have to pee on the newspaper lining his cage until the morning - I shall have to do a "newspaper inspection" to ascertain his directional preferences! :lol:

I found with the large corner one Pippa uses it but can easily move it out of the way to pee in her preferred corner :roll: I've switched to a cat rectangle tray and she seems to leave this one in position.

Rectangular

Both my bunnies have rectangular trays. Suzi has a cat litter tray, but that doesn't butt up to the wall, so she pees over the edge most of the time. Scratch has a seed tray which is a bit bigger and does fit into the corner properly. She's much tidier anyway and poops in the neatest pyramids in the one corner - except when she decides to make a nest and then its back to the hutch floor!

Our two buns have a rectangular tray, I think it's just one of the standard ones you can buy, sold as a cat litter tray.
If they ever need/want to get in at the same time it's possible but quite cosy.
They only ever miss or go over the side once in a while, and then we've had to scrub the wood a bit and clean up.
I like the look of those high back ones though.

I have a rectangular cat litter tray that fits really well into the corner. I have to use a small rock to weight it down, or they move the litter tray and wee in the corner where it should be!
I sometimes catch Benjamin sprawled out in the litter tray, fast asleep with his head resting on the rock - the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Back