• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

frisky new bonded bunnies

Hi

been in touch with Alice at the shelter about this too but just wanted to get any ideas from everyone here.

At last Oscar (who lost Flossy two weeks ago) has been bonded to a new bunny, he had to wait a week as when I first tried to get the rescue the road was closed due to an accident and then I had a wedding to go to.

Anyway Oscar is now happily bonded to and very much in love with 'Izzy' she is 1 ish and been spayed 6 weeks, Oscar is 3 and been spayed at least 6 months.

But he has been doing a little bit of bonking (which he did briefly with Flossy but not for this long). Then what really surprised me is I put them in a different run to get fresh grass and they started bonking each other, Izzy on to top too!! I know it will settle down but it seems strange that it started in 'neutral' territory. And I just want to be sure it can do no harm to their backs or whatever?

Cheers

Nicole

I wouldn`t worry to much, the humping is a dominance thing and as long as they`re not fighting to the point where one gets hurt i`d leave them to get on with it. When i bonded Little Ted with Poppet he wouldn`t leave her alone and i was really worried but it does eventually die down, they still have the odd hump now and then but nothing major has ever happened and they`re inseperable now.

HTH

Su.x

Back