• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run sizes

Apache

Mama Doe
I've got a 5ft x 3ft run attached to the hutch, with a ramp, do you think this is big enough for 2 medium sized rabbits?

The hutch that I have at the moment is a 3ft one, but I've bought 2 more the same size, and my father is very kindly converting them into one, so it will be 3ft square.

I've just got Alfred now, but am hoping to get another soon, I've got a home visit check hopfeully happening shortly.

I do have a second run which is on the grass which is just over 4 foot in the narrowist points, and is hexagonal in shape.

Will this be adequate for 2?

Thanks

Jx

My run at present is 4ft x 4ft x 2ft, which would be roughly equal to ur 5ft x 3ft. I have my 2 small/med sized boys in there (Honey is 1.9 kg harly is 1.8 kg) It's ok but ideally Id like to give them more space as they dont have much running around space, so Im about to get a bigger one, by at least 2 foot. With u having the second run tho I dont knw if this is better, others will prob b able 2 advise u better thn me :)

Well the recommended size is 5'x2' hutch and 5'x4' run. So if you add that up that's 30 sqr feet total.

And your's is 3'x2' x 2 hutches (or did you say three hutches altogether?) so that's 12' plus 5'x3' so that's 27 sqr feet total. Or if it's three hutches that's 33 sqr feet.

So, I'd say that would be okay for small/medium bunnies.

If you're worried then, if the run is tall enough, you could add a shelf in that. Or you could add a tunnel to the run on the grass :)

Tam

Many thanks - that is excellent, I'm having the 2 hutches converted into one, and had wondered about adding the existing hutch too underneath, but I do also like the idea of having a spare one just in case.

I spoke to a local rescue earlier, and they said they recommended a 5 ft x 7 ft run, which had got me a bit worried..

Thanks again

Jx

Back