• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thistle Hall

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I'm looking to get a large outdoor hutch and am considering Thistle Hall from P@H. Has anyone got this, if so do you like it?

I am getting Thistle Hall at the weekend for my guineas.It looks great,really big and roomy.

Any pictures?

Leah xx

EDIT- Is it this one?
mmm.jpg

Looks like a good size :D

That's the one- - it says it's 136.5w x 123d x 70.5 h (cm). I looked at it in the shop today and it looks really roomy. Expensive though £129.99, don't know if hubbie will approve :cry:

kayjay said:
That's the one- - it says it's 136.5w x 123d x 70.5 h (cm). I looked at it in the shop today and it looks really roomy. Expensive though £129.99, don't know if hubbie will approve :cry:
I am sure you will talk him round,i did with mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

I looked at it but decided on the one level 6*2*2 from happyhutch for £120 (although you can get it cheaper from their ebay shop).

Thistle Hall is nice and deep and high, but by the time you've taken the hole into account on the top level, and the area of the ramp on the bottom level, it's not as big as you think and doesn't really give a lot of useable space to stretch out and move around. Personally I prefer the single level ones for this reason. I guess it depends on the size and shape of the space you have for it as well.

AlisonA said:
I looked at it but decided on the one level 6*2*2 from happyhutch for £120 (although you can get it cheaper from their ebay shop).

Thistle Hall is nice and deep and high, but by the time you've taken the hole into account on the top level, and the area of the ramp on the bottom level, it's not as big as you think and doesn't really give a lot of useable space to stretch out and move around. Personally I prefer the single level ones for this reason. I guess it depends on the size and shape of the space you have for it as well.

Just looked at it, and yes I have to agree there's more room to stretch, plus I want to attach a run to the front of it which will extend that, thanks :)

:D I've got Thistle Hall for my 4 and they have plenty of space to stretch out. All 4 of them lay on the bottom level with loads of space to spare. Do remember though that my buns are dwarf lionheads

hutch1.jpg

hollyhutch.jpg

hutch2.jpg

This is two of them laid at the top of the ramp on the top level of the hutch
legover.jpg

We've got the Thistle Hall for our two lionheads. There is plenty of room in it., but if you look at the pictures in the previous post, the mesh is inset into the wood and our two bunnies are chewing the wood and wrecking it.

I have the thistle hall with the fennel fold run attached, but the wood seems really soft and my two rabbits chewed nearly through it in a week, so I have had to reinforce all along the bottom of the run by fixing some harder wood strips onto it.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think the hutch co one seems the best option if I get one. Hubby still thinks we can make something out of an old playhouse, it's only for the summer as she loves being outside so much and it's really really hard to get her in :roll:

If you are going to buy Thistle Hall, please don't buy it from a company called bunny business via the internet. I ordered one 2 1/2 months ago and they sent it quick enough but its faulty. Ive had to go through trading standars and my credit card company to get a refund and I still haven't got one, The company won't contact me at all. The wood it is made from is also quite thin and I think it would need reinforcing if your rabbits are big, might be alright for dwarf breeds.

This is the hutch I have for my new rescue bun Snowy.

He hasn't mastered the ramp yet, but it is very early days.

He is a medium sized bun and has plenty of room, I'm also getting hubby to make a foldable run that will attach to the bottom as the wire doors lift off the hinges.

I must agree that the wood is quite soft as he has chewed part of the door already!!

I think the Thistle Hall is a really good hutch.

I have the Lavender Lodge for my 2 and wish I had spent the extra £30 for the 2 storey Thistle Hall.

Compared to other hutches on the internet I think they are good value for money.

Happy hutch buying!!!

Back