• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a rabbit be daft enough........

sharond

Warren Scout
to stay somewhere he was too hot, even though he had access to a cooler area?
We have a free rage french lop. We have a coservatorty on the back of the house leading off the lounge and the dining room.

George loves the conservatory, but it is soooooo hot in there at the moment but he insists on going in there and lying under the cane sofa. The door is open with a gurad in front but even so I think it is way to hot. I can't close the door from the lounge to the conservatory as it makes the lounge too hot!!! George could easily come in the shade in the lounge or has his indoor cage in the dining room, but no he stays in the conservatory. I move him out, he hops back :roll:

Yesterday I put him in his indoor cage because it was cooler than the conservatory, but I don't like doing that. I haven't put him out in the run until the evening as I think it's too hot outside.

My husband says he must feel ok or he would move to where he's cooler, but i'm not sure. Is he right or do I just have a daft bunny?

I am sure if he was too hot he would move :D They don,t half know how to worry us don,t they :lol: :lol:

Have you got tiles on the floor of the conservatory?? Although the room is hot the floor tiles are cool. :D

Don't worry... I had a black rabbit once who just sat in diect sunlight all day even though half the garden was shaded :shock:
Just make sure he has plenty of water available in there with him :D

Shellar said:
Have you got tiles on the floor of the conservatory?? Although the room is hot the floor tiles are cool. :D

Yes, there are floor tiles in the conservatory, perhaps that is what he likes. :roll:

Thanks for your replies :D It has helped put my mind at rest. He causes me as much concern as the children :wink:

dont forget that under a sofa on a tile floor with the door open, there is probably a lovely cool breeze flowing through all day, and its shaded :D

My mini-lop sits in the shed when it's boiling instead of going out into the shady run :roll:

My other genius (Dudley) took a look at the other rabbits' cardboard box while they were out in their run, which I'd put on its side to stop him getting into it - so the hole was about a foot and a half off the floor. I heard a thump-scrabble-scrabble to find that he'd jumped up and IN through this hole (which was a tight squeeze) and got himself stuck :shock: .

They're no brain surgeons are they... :lol:

xEMMAx said:
Don't worry... I had a black rabbit once who just sat in diect sunlight all day even though half the garden was shaded :shock:

That's exactly what Piper does - when you touch his fur it's like touching a hot kettle! :roll:

My Treacle (BIB) hates the sun, and spends the day chasing the shade.

The there is Rupert who loves the sun aand Marmalade who is the queen of bunny sunbathers.

Most of the other I warrant have common sense, apart from Patch who is a rain bunny and will lie down for hours in it when he's got the choice of going to shelter.

Not very clever some bunnies :lol: :lol:

Nix said:
My mini-lop sits in the shed when it's boiling instead of going out into the shady run :roll:

My other genius (Dudley) took a look at the other rabbits' cardboard box while they were out in their run, which I'd put on its side to stop him getting into it - so the hole was about a foot and a half off the floor. I heard a thump-scrabble-scrabble to find that he'd jumped up and IN through this hole (which was a tight squeeze) and got himself stuck :shock: .

They're no brain surgeons are they... :lol:

Awww bless :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for your replies, nice to know I'm not alone.

Aliandbuns said:
xEMMAx said:

That's exactly what Piper does - when you touch his fur it's like touching a hot kettle! :roll:

Oh I know! Silly buns... they obviously enjoy it though :lol: :lol:

Back