• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning out buns

JoF

Young Bun
How often should I clean out my buns when I get them? Should I empty their litter tray every day? What about their bedding? I don't want a couple of cheesed off bunnies telling me off.

Hi

I aim to clean their littler tray every day and a full hutch clean every 3-4days. My lot just have hay for bedding and I use wood shavings in their litter trays

HTH

We clean out their Litter and Hay Trays Daily, The Shed gets a full clean Wednesdays and Saturdays, and the Hutch Weds Only.

Unless they have made a piggin' mess then it might get done more often. :D :D

I do them when they're dirty generally and clean out their dirty corner daily. I do it at the weekend and on Wednesdays as they're out in their runs all day and are only in their hutches at night. The guinea Pigs generally need doing more often.

I do my buns litter tray daily, and clean their living area every other day. the bedtime area neevr gets done as they never soil it

I change litter trays evey morning and pick up poo`s and give it a clean, I also freshen up and clean the shed in the evening as well.

Do I have a cleaning problem :? :?

I do litter trays once a day. My buns are in sections of a room, but they've all got at least one hutch per group, so I tend to clean the hutch just once a week, as they rarely use it as a litter tray anyway. I do a full "sweep up" of the bunny room every other day. All my foster buns that are in hutches/cages/dog crates, get cleaned out fully every other day. On Sunday I cleaned all the litter trays in 12 mins (a personal best) cos I was going straight out on a bun run, but last night I spent 4 hours on them. Not that you could tell this morning!!! Plus point is - tonight all I have to do is play.... :D

I use megazorb as litter, so clean the litter trays every other day. A full run clean is done once to twice a week, and sweeping up as and when needed, as Ruby likes to dig :roll:

i clean out his bed every day - this is where he is doing all his poos at the mo!! and give the whole hutch a gd clean at leaset twice a week!

Sue
xx

bunnies said:
I change litter trays evey morning and pick up poo`s and give it a clean, I also freshen up and clean the shed in the evening as well.

Do I have a cleaning problem :? :?

Nope, I do a full hutch clean every day - and shes only in it overnight :oops:. I've always done that, thought everyone else did to. Couldnt sleep at night if i'd put my babies back in not-new bedding :roll: :oops: xX

I clean out litter trays everyday, shed floors get swept & mopped everyday and they all get a full clean out every other day and my runs are swept and disinfected every night.

I check litter trays every day but only clean them every two days as I use Ecopetbed in the trays

Usually its a full hutch clean once a week or more depending on the occupants :roll:

I do litter trays every day or two depending on dirtiness but the rest gets done in sections - if I clean it all out Lucifer gets a bit insecure and goes around peeing on everything in sight :lol:

daily litter tray change and clean and once or twice weekly bedding change depending on how messy they get it. Every day I sweep the floor in the shed and wipe with weak bleach if really bad

Litter trays are cleaned out every day or every other day (some of them get used much less). Full cage cleanout is once a week purely because they don't do whizzes anywhere other than their litter trays!

AMETHYST

I clean out their litter box twice a day, take out their carpets and hoover them once a week, and wash their towels that they sleep on once a week.

When it is cooler and they have hay for bedding I change their bedding once a week.

Back