• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HELP ME! THIS TIME LEXI!

.::.amy.::.

Mama Doe
Ok this is going to sound real bad on me.
But when i went to get Lexi and Leroy there was one other rabbit with them that the owners were not rehoming.
It was a boy and at the time because Leroy is neutured i never thought anything of it.

Now after time Lexis belly has gotten quite big and her nipples swelled up.
Could she be pregnant?
she has had 2 litters before i got her... never came to my mind that she may be pregnant now?

I need serious help!

:shock: Sounds like she could be! Has she started making a nest or anything?
If she is you'd better seperate her from the buck soonish. Hope it all works out ok :D

How long have you had Lexi Amy?

Gestation period for a Bun is 30-32 days.
A bun having a phantom pregnancy can 'swell up' and even produce milk :shock:
There are 2 ways of trying to establish if she is pregnant or not:
Wait and see.....if you have had her for more than 32 days and no babies appear you can assume she is not pregnant
Take her to your Vet and ask if he/she can palpate her uterus to try to feel any babies.
Personally I'd go for the latter option. If babies are on the way its best to know sooner rather than later.

Janex

Aww poor you! Lots of hugs for you :)
If she is pregnant just think of all the cute little buns at the end of it :love: Would you be able to keep them?

Jack's-Jane said:
A bun having a phantom pregnancy can 'swell up' and even produce milk :shock:

Didn't know that :shock: I just thought it was them thinking they are and making a nest. Learn something new everyday! :lol:

Ive had her for like 3 weeks.
And i know this sounds bad but i just cant afford anything BIG at the vets untill i know for certain as of millies bills :cry:

Hmm, then I'd say prepare for bunny babies rather than just wait and see, just incase she is pregnant.

I dont think she is pregnant. Just a feeling-and I hope I am right!!!
Also, since you got her about 3 weeks ago, you should have seen signs before this point right. And that is if she mated the day you picked her up (which is unlikely)

The odds are in your favor, but you still have to be prepared!

xxx

IF she is pregnant she will only have about 1 week left of pregnancy so yep i think it is too late.
But she will be spayed straight after!

if it is true pregnancy, pre-plan now by asking other members here to take your baby or line up some rabbit rehome around your area. Plan ahead. Post notice in bulletin board in grocery store and at your vet's office saying you want to give away upcoming babies.

Happy Hopping said:
if it is true pregnancy, pre-plan now by asking other members here to take your baby or line up some rabbit rehome around your area. Plan ahead. Post notice in bulletin board in grocery store and at your vet's office saying you want to give away upcoming babies.

Although i wouldnt charge much for them i dont want to just 'give' them away.
I want to make sure they have lovely suitable homes lined up for them. :D

You don't necessary see signs when a doe is pregnant. I had a bun that made a nest 30mins before she gave birth.
Good luck Amy and lets hope she isn't but I am sure we will all be able to give you advice when you need it. You will have all this to deal with if you go into rescuing, so at least you are getting a taster before you decide :wink: :D :lol: :lol:

she ...

.::.amy.::. said:
bump :roll:
my bunnie askaped once and we thort she was pregnant ( her tummy was BIG she was nesting e.c.t) but we knew that if she was her babys will all be wild! sooooooo... we took her to the vets and the vet felt her tummy and she was not pregnant :? the vet told us she was having a PHANTOM PREGNANCY my rabbit was evan trying to go into laybor :? but what PHANTOM PREGNANCY meens is that a rabbit REALLY REALLY REALLY think there pregnant! and so do there bodies !

so maybe this is what ur baby bunnie is having a (PHANTOM PREGNANCY)

x-x-x- best of luck love Glo Jade and Minx x-x-x-x

Back