• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

in need of advise- leaving rabbit in run.

clare23

Young Bun
hi i have a very large run with a hutch inside. the hutch and run are very secure with a locked lid. half is good strong wire the other half is a strong covered perspex area with shade. the hutch is open for my bunny to run in and out of.

finally ill get to the question.
is it ok to leave my bunny like this during the day whilst im at work. im very sure it a very secure run and he has plenty of shelter from rain, sun and preditors and has access to large hutch from it.

what do you think?

Is it on grass? Just they might dig!!!!!!!!!

My run is on slabs and I leave mine in it when I am at work. It is attached to the hutch so they can go in and out as they please.
As long as it is secure it's fine!

i would say if you feel the run is secure leave them out. my 2 are out in the run while im at work because i feel it would be unfair to leave them in the hutch all day when they can run and stretch out in the run

I would say definitely leave bunny outside in the run. As long as it's secure and has shelter and can access the hutch he/she should be absolutely fine and it's much better for them to get lots of exercise. Just keep an eye out for any holes that appear as they can dig in places that you wouldn't necessarily notice straight away!

I leave mine out all day on grass. My dad is here most of the day and also I have two guards, a cat and dog. They wouldn't let anything touch their rabbits. :lol:

Our bunss live in a large run, which is on some slabs. Their hutch is inside the run & always open.

I cover them up at night & often leave a cover over the top of the run during the day if it's rainy. Grass wise, they also have a lawn run for when I'm not owrking (and it's dry!).

Back