• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she ate from my hand twice this evening!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Bif or Biffykins as shes ended up being called..is the most loving but terrified bun you can meet..shes bonded with our wickle mini lop house bun Oscar..
he gets upset because she wont go to us for nose rubs etc like he does...
i thought shed never improve but although its baby steps i think shes trying!
she saw me giving oscar his hour at a time nose rubs and she biffed me with her nose as usual and then came back and thrust her nose at my index finger and let me rub her nose quickly 3 times before walking not running off!!
She laso let me walk past her and oscar togehter on the carpet without running off..
but i did have to go past them quickly and scared them a bit but they forgave me!
Bif let me hand feed her some dried apple pieces..she was happy to eat from my hand and was soo gentle..she made oscar look ferocious!!
Then i picked some grass from the garden and fed it to them and they were both enjoying being hand fed the grass.

i know its only a little thing and its a case of baby steps BUt shes so curious and sweet natured and i feel so chuffed shes let me do this .

Awww, it sounds like your making great progress! I think having a confident bun to copy is a big help for nervous bunnies. Give it abit longer and you'll have them both demanding hour long nose rubs :lol:

Thats soooo lovely. I am going through the same thing with Milly at the moment. Milly however is not a gentle bunny. If she and jack are eating from the same food bowl she will grab it and pull it towards her roughly, occasionally she bats my hand so the food falls out and her favourite game is attacking an innocent twig ball with a rattle ball inside as it makes lots of noise! She is very pretty and can be very sweet with Jack though!

Back