• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a fox paw print?

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Sorry, didn't know what forum to put this in!! Went out this morning and noticed this on the side of one of the bunny sheds:

fox.jpg

I don't have a dog so I don't really know what canine prints look like, but it looks too big to be a cat print, and the wrong sort of shape (unless they smear their paws around??) I can only assume therefore that it's a fox print. Or is it just a smear of mud and I'm being paranoid :?

What do you think?

:shock: I was afraid you were all gonna say that! And to think that Santa escaped the other night :shock: :shock: At least it shows that their enclosures are safe though.

AlisonA said:
:shock: I was afraid you were all gonna say that! And to think that Santa escaped the other night :shock: :shock: At least it shows that their enclosures are safe though.

sorry to say not really hun depends on how detemined the fox is really! :cry:

If Mr fox has been that close to rabbits ..might even be worth moving them indoors at night for a while and leaving run open...so foxy thinks no buns there....sadly if he can hear and smell them he will return :( sorry Alison....and ..dare I say :oops: get other half to pee round the run...puts foxes off or so was said on her before!

depends on how detemined the fox is really
To a certain extent I agree but mine are PWS panels covered in welded mesh and tarpaulin, I'm sure a fox can't chew through those pws bars they are made of steel! They did say that no-one could escape from Alcatraz though I suppose :?

I've not seen a fox round here for years, I wonder if the addition of the 5th rabbit was just enough for it to catch the smell? He's indoors at the moment anyway recovering from his neuter, we're going away for the weekend so maybe I'll leave the sheds open while the buns are boarding :?

AlisonA said:
depends on how detemined the fox is really
To a certain extent I agree but mine are PWS panels covered in welded mesh and tarpaulin, I'm sure a fox can't chew through those pws bars they are made of steel! They did say that no-one could escape from Alcatraz though I suppose :?

I've not seen a fox round here for years, I wonder if the addition of the 5th rabbit was just enough for it to catch the smell? He's indoors at the moment anyway recovering from his neuter, we're going away for the weekend so maybe I'll leave the sheds open while the buns are boarding :?

well santa managed it :shock:

Yep! She can't now though, she got out by squeezing through a bar and bending up the chicken wire. It's now covered with welded mesh which is attached at 6" intervals so there is no way she can get out again, and she's put the weight back on again now so I think she's too big anyway. It's really scary isn't it - you think they're safe and then you suddenly start doubting - which is no bad thing really as really makes you check everything very carefully!

What about putting some pickley plants/small trees around the shed just an idea or would that not bother a fox!!
A girl in the pet shop once told my sister to put some old bedding around her shed & it would put a fox off has it could smell humans don't know for sure if that his true or not.

I doubt they would care. Round here they wander about casually in the daytime and it is not unheard of for them to go inside people's houses.

Back