• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: Pics of outdoor hutches + Measurements

OK, so, I know this has been done before, but I really really need to see some fantastic setups and get some ideas.

I've been through the other threads that have asked for pics of setups and no1 incudes measurements. So this time if it was at all possible...I want...

1. A pic or 2 or 3 or 4 etc etc etc

2. Measurements

3. Number of buns accommodating, or most in the past, comfortably.

Please :wink: awwww theres no puppy dog eyes emoticon!

Here`s the trio`s hutch. It`s 6 ft long, 4 ft high and just under 2 ft deep. As you will see it`s on 2 levels and gives them loads of room to run around when not out in their run.

3b3c32c4.jpg

b3c4e009.jpg

Light compartment inside.

78e4922c.jpg

Right hand side ground floor compartment.

70e328df.jpg

Left hand side ground floor compartment.

At the mo there are 2 mini lops and a lionhead cross living in it and they have plenty of room, could possibly have one more small bunny in it comfortably but definately no more than that.

Hope this helps,
Su.x

DSCF0239.jpg

The hutch is 7ft long and 26 inches high and wide. Horatio is a quite small lionhead and Snowy is a mini lop they live quite comfortably there. Though with the ever increasing daylight hours they spend more time in their run which is approx 6ft x 6ft by 2ft.

Wetbuns.jpg

This is Molly and Piper's hutch...

rabbits038.jpg

It is about 6 ft wide, 5 ft tall (2 storeys of about equal height) and 2.5ft deep. It has a run attached which measures 8ft x 5ft and is a little over 2.5ft high. The run can be taken off and placed elsewhere in the garden just by adding an additional wall to it. The run has a hinged lid which folds right back to open the run up fully if needed, but most of the time I just fold back half of the roof.

All made by my gorgeous bf. :love:

WOW, I've seen all those hutches before, a perfect example of why I started this thread...I would never of guessed they were so big. They aren't like most of th 3 foot ones u see on ebay. These are huge, thanks. Cause the designs don't really vary hugely sometimes its so hard to see how big something really is. Keep them coming...

hutch_30_apr_05.jpg

My buns used to live in this 5 x 4 foot playhouse. It has a 4 foot hutch inside which is left open but provides somewhere more cosy to hide/sleep.

The run attached is 7 foot by 4 foot. And 2 foot high (should have been higher - but even with our larger rabbit on her hind legs she can't reach the top.)

They now live half in/half out. We've moved the playhouse right outside their current room which is a 7 foot x 4 foot room on the back of the kitchen:

new_home.jpg

Hey Rineyroo,
Your Horatio reminds me of Bubbles' Mr Sniff. Does anyone else see the likeness or am I completely mad?!?! :lol:
Nicola x

Nicola C said:
Hey Rineyroo,
Your Horatio reminds me of Bubbles' Mr Sniff. Does anyone else see the likeness or am I completely mad?!?! :lol:
Nicola x

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes i see likeness
2006_0323047.jpg

2006_0323037.jpg

OOOHHHHH I have never seen you set up before houndour, its good to see some fresh stuff. So is the run next to the wendy house seperate? Or is it attached?

The run is attached and we cut a 'flap' out of the side and put hinges and catches on so we can close it at night. But when we're home they can use the run but still have the security of their house.

Back