• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from another newbie

Kay

Mama Doe
Hi all! :D my name is Kay, I am 31 from Hertfordshire. I have been away from the world of bunnies for a few years now. When I was a child I was lucky enough to have a large garden and parents that didn't mind how many rabbits I had. My Dad was a builder and I had the best rabbit enclosure. Sadly a ferret escaped from a local farm and ate his way into the enclosure, through the metal chicken wire and killed all my lovely rabbits. Ironically the darn thing couldn't get out afterwards and we had to wait for the R.S.P.C.A to come and capture it.

Anyway now I have my own house and little garden and think its time I get some more bunnies. I don't have any at the moment, I am busy preparing the garden. I have buried some chicken wire around the fence edges so the bunnies can't get out. I live in a built up area now so I think the risk of ferrets is minimal. Not got a hutch yet either - I am taking my time choosing everything and trying to get it right first time. I have seen a fab 5ftx4ftx4ft hutch that seems ample for two small bunnies. I have seen so many adorable bunnies on here I need to get my skates on and get everything ready.

Thanks for reading and hope to chat soon

Kay xx

Hello *waves* Great to see you're doing some good research before getting your bunnies :D It won't be long before you are entirely hooked - both to bunnies and this forum :lol: :lol:

I look forward to hearing more about your plans and seeing who you eventually adopt :D

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the ferret :?

Remember in urban (and rural) areas you need to worry about foxes and cats, both of which can easily clear a 6 foot garden fence.

I'd suggest a run made out of weld mesh and then only let them out for supervised garden time :)

That does sound an excellent sized hutch!

Herts is a good place to live too, lenty of rescues around ;) Have you been peeking at the available bunnies yet? :lol:

Welcome to the forum!
Tamsin

Hello Kay welcome to the forum :wave: I am from Herts too, there is a rescue in Royston where I got my Brian from - but maybe you've already chose a cute pair? :D
Sounds like you've got a good set up for any new bun!

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Like many of the people on here, I got my bunnies from a rescue too!

Hopefully you'll find a lovely pair of bunny friends for yourself on here :D

Good luck with the search x

Welcome Kay!

There are lots of bunnies all needing new homes on rabbit rehome site - you'll soon be addicted to looking at them and end up with far too many!!

Hope you find a pair of bunnies soon.

Back