• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ants

nemmie

Warren Scout
Hi all,
We have just moved and have ants in our garden. Not hundreds but a fair few, by no means swarms of them. They don;t seem to be bothering the rabbit they seem to just to go on their run. I rang the vet and she said they will not bite the rabbits and they are no harm to them, only if the rabbits eat the ants and maybe it would upset their tummies. Just wanted your opinions/options on what to do. Anyone had any experiences? Thanks

nemmie said:
Hi all,
We have just moved and have ants in our garden. Not hundreds but a fair few, by no means swarms of them. They don;t seem to be bothering the rabbit they seem to just to go on their run. I rang the vet and she said they will not bite the rabbits and they are no harm to them, only if the rabbits eat the ants and maybe it would upset their tummies. Just wanted your opinions/options on what to do. Anyone had any experiences? Thanks

leave them they wil be fine , but remmber to remove food if left uneaten as one turns into a large tribe :lol: :lol: :lol: and they dont pay rent! :lol: :lol: but if they insist on not paying them rent show um the kettle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks BunnyLove, they really can't harm the rabbits at all then? I was worrying over nothing. Thats a relief.

dont think so i have never seen a rabbit eat an ant! though, they are more unsigtly to us, i always show them the the kettle if theres a few, but dont say that to loudly round these parts, some of them thin your being cruel!" :shock: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Back