• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Iams

BlackCat

Warren Scout
Someone told me yesterday that they fund testing on animals.

Is this true, and if so what is the testing all about?

Unfortunately its not just Iams. There are many pet food manufacturers doing similar things.

I did go to the pedigree labs & a smaller company of which ive forgotten about 8 years ago & although spotlessly clean the dogs & cats illnesses were still induced (such as obesity & renal failure to test products plus they are all kept kennelled with little attention given to them :cry: I have no idea what they are all like now though so cannot comment on todays set ups.

I saw that video on Iams a couple of years ago and it haunts me to this day, needless to say I dont buy any of their products.

Belinda

James Wellbeloved isnt tested on animals or so i was told thats what we feed Leo on now and they do a cat food too

actually i just read that its made by pedigree and i think they do test on animals??

Quinn said:
James Wellbeloved isnt tested on animals or so i was told thats what we feed Leo on now and they do a cat food too

actually i just read that its made by pedigree and i think they do test on animals??

Yes J B food is owned by Mars(who also own Pedigree according to BUAV) so unfortunately that slots them in the animal testing category :(

Any company that makes vet diets will test their foods on cats and dogs.

It was the iams vet diet that they tested not the food that u find in the pet stores.

Hi there,

We don't stock/supply Iams in the cattery here but we do tell all our customers the reason why. :wink:

We use Nutro here for cats that are not on otherwise specified diets & TBH it is far more superior to Iams anyway. 8)

Iams is very bulked up with cereal & other bits of animal digest (guts etc) :? rather than Nutro which has a higher pure meat content (after all cats are carnivores :lol: )

Also we put it to the test by putting abowl of Iams in the cat run & a bowl of Nutro (dry) & actually MOST cats much preferred the Nutro & didn't want the Iams when given the choice. :lol:

I found a lot of cats weren't keen on Iams when i first used it(before we discovered what the company did as well).

If customers still insist on their cat being fed Iams (which they usually don't after hearing what happens) then they have to bring their own as i won't spend my money on that company. :wink:

I see today that Iams are advertizing on the telly again :roll: ive put a posting about them and a link to the iams cruelty on my we site. Hopefully people will read it that dont know about them. val

:shock: Thank You, I feed my cat Iams, but wont do anymore, i never knew :shock: I think i might just give her Tuna now, it sounds safer :shock:

The video on that site :cry: . The dogs in those awful cages with bars for floors that they can't stand in. When they show no interest in the people near them it's heartbreaking :cry: , to break the spirit of an animal that is naturally enthusiastic and curious about everything :cry: and then to sell the products as some superior care for our pets. It makes me feel physically ill.

pepsi said:
:shock: Thank You, I feed my cat Iams, but wont do anymore, i never knew :shock: I think i might just give her Tuna now, it sounds safer :shock:

tuna is not a balanced cat diet!
you can change to a better diet without ommiting cat food :D

Back