• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Non drip bottle???

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
Is there such a thing???

My two bottles seem to be getting worse which results in the floor of the hutch getting soaked!

mine are ok if they're full but do leak if they're not full and I move them!!! :?

fill them up, make sure the wire hooks are bent so that it fits loosely around the bottle, not squeezing it at all, give it a few shakes before attaching it when it's full, and it should be OK apart from if the sun gets on it - the temperature change makes them leak - I just put a big pile of megazorb under the bottles as piggies drool like you wouldn't believe :roll:

Mine is a nightmare..... the bottom of Kahlo's cage has a permanent 'wet spot'! I bought an expensive one once, that claimed to be non-drip... that was the worst of the lot! Within an hour it was empty and bunny hadn't even got any!

Could it be limescale built up stopping the little bobbly bit from fitting properly? When ours used to start leaking mum would soak them in vinegar for a while that would sort it out.
Hope that makes sense :?
Vera

It's the luck of the draw, some bottles are good and others are not. I find that it's not so much the bottle, but the bottom part with the mouth piece and the valve. After a leaky valve the first time, my second one was great, and I've stuck with that one ever since. I've changed the bottles, but just screwed on the same bottom section (until very recently when it cracked and I had to change it, but I was lucky, the new one seems fine).

I think it helps when the bottle is full, and when the water is at room temperature. Also, I use a bottle where the hook is at the top. So there're no wires squeezing around it.

Oh dear...I had no idea the word I used would be considered a swear word and consequently be replaced with asterisks! How embarrassing. :oops: I meant I just usually 'twist' on the same bottom section. LOL. The asterisks seem to taint the whole message. It was innocent I swear! :lol:

Well I popped out and bought one of the 'sippy' bottles. I bought the smallish one to try cos it was the cheapest and I'm flippin glad I did cos it drips like mad!! It was ok till Holly had a drink out of it!

So I will be taking that one back and sticking to the slow drippers that I already have!! :roll:

I got a "sippy" anti drip bottle from BunnyBasics.It is very good,i have had it a couple of month now and it hasn,t dripped :D

I use a bowl as an alternative source of water.

I think it's all down to the age of the bottle, the brand of the bottle, the effectiveness of the metallica ball and whether you live in a hard water area (lime scale).

I sometimes avoid putting the bottle in at an angle to prevent it from dripping.

I use the John Hopewell bottles which I find don't leak, they are really easy to fill up as well, they are useless for the piggies as they drink with their mouths open and the water goes everwhere.

Janice

ladystardust said:
I use a bowl as an alternative source of water.
I tried that too: all 4 of mine sit on top of their bedding units and take a flying leap off, usually landing in the bowl :roll: They invariably look really surprised though, even though they've done it a hundred times before :lol:

I just bought one from Pets at Home and it doesn't leak at all, though Bob never goes near it as his cage also has a bowl of water in it. Though he's always putting his paws in it to reach across and chew his cage so I've been thinking about taking it away cos he then sprays water all over the place!!!!!!

Bobsig2.jpg

Back