• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker Training Small Animals

Caz

Mama Doe
http://clickertraining.com/training/critters/clicker_training_small_pets.pdf

Nice article - made me think!

When clicker training was suggested for my dogs I tried it and was surprised how quickly it has helped them to learn. Sadie especially will do anything for food and with the aid of the clicker she is learning new things faster than I can think them up!

Now I have clickers lying around and four greedy rabbits ruled by their addiction to Supa Rabbit Excel...

will let you know how I get on :wink: !

Recently Zeus and Athena have been refusing to use their litter tray, they still use it occasionally but now just go to the loo wherever they fancy - I have had to remove their rug in the playhouse and just go through newspapers by the tonne! Maybe I can use the clicker to re-train their previously excellent toilet habit!

Caz

Recently Zeus and Athena have been refusing to use their litter tray, they still use it occasionally but now just go to the loo wherever they fancy - I have had to remove their rug in the playhouse and just go through newspapers by the tonne! Maybe I can use the clicker to re-train their previously excellent toilet habit!

Caz

i am havin this problem with mine lately, anywhere and everywhere is there attitude and it dont help they havent got a cage! are that we have foster buns in the house! :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

would clicker training work! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we want recent pictures though of sadie and the buns especially you know who! :love: :love: :love: please!

I am currently clicker training my African Ringneck Parakeet! She is doing well, although it takes a little longer as I am aiming at behaviour modification (making her more confident and allow me to handle her), we are making good progress. :)

Vera

I don't see why it wouldn't Eve, condition the clicker first by clicking then hand feeding pellets (or bits of fave veg) until they associate the noise with food then when they pee in the litter tray click and treat, when they pee elsewhere ignore - I would have too follow them all day - may need to wait until I have a week off work for that :shock: !

Caz

Caz said:
I don't see why it wouldn't Eve, condition the clicker first by clicking then hand feeding pellets (or bits of fave veg) until they associate the noise with food then when they pee in the litter tray click and treat, when they pee elsewhere ignore - I would have too follow them all day - may need to wait until I have a week off work for that :shock: !

Caz

flowwing hagrid wont be hard dog bed to food bowl and back! :roll: :roll: may try that cause they are starting to get comments off hubby like what size hutch could we build for you two! i am getting worried! :no: :no: :no: :no:

enough of me wheres the photos caz!? :D

Don't really like the idea of using it to make them do tricks as in the article, but think for stuff like litter training it's a great idea. Wondering if we could use it to try and help the buns feel happier being picked up?

bunnylove said:

:oops: I don't have any recent ones the dogs have been getting maximum camera time - they have got a couple of hundred pics to go before they reach the number I have of the rabbits though :wink: !

Also Zeus has made so much mess in his playhouse it really wouldn't show him off to his best!

Shall I post a few old ones you haven't seen?

Caz

Caz said:
bunnylove said:

:oops: I don't have any recent ones the dogs have been getting maximum camera time - they have got a couple of hundred pics to go before they reach the number I have of the rabbits though :wink: !

Also Zeus has made so much mess in his playhouse it really wouldn't show him off to his best!

Shall I post a few old ones you haven't seen?

Caz

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes please!!!!!!!!!! i lurve zeus! and what do you mean DOGS! had sadie turmed into two? piccys of dog/dogs please!!!!!

They're up in the piccie forum!

Sadie was lonely during the day so we adopted Buster a 2 year old Bullmastiff!

Caz

Caz said:
There up in the piccie forum!

Sadie was lonely during the day so we adopted Buster a 2 year old Bullmastiff!

Caz

gorgeoussssssssssssss but there is no zeux up in storys but a big red cross! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back