• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can a bun jump?

sarsimp

Mama Doe
Probably a silly question, but I want to enclose my patio for my lot to get some more exercise but the garden goes up slightly and the retaining wall is only about 18ins or so high - would they be able to jump on to it do you think?

Youre prob all going to reply now saying your buns can jump very high and I'll feel daft asking :oops: :lol:

Oh yes! :lol: Any of mine (ranging from nethie to large lop) could do that with ease :D Can you post some photos, we might be able to suggest how best to make it bunny-safe?

I think buns can jump really high if they want to. But mine have a 3' high run and have never attempted to jump over it (though they're never left unsupervised so I'd stop them/catch them if they did).
Joey has one of the 3' tall pens that make up their run attached permanently to his cage, and he's never jumped over it, even when he had a carousel bed which he could've jumped onto to get higher. And there's temptations for him like other buns, food, etc. but he's never attempted it.

Not that brill but the drystone wall is the bit Im worried about - I have got a couple of old large wire fireguards I was going to use - that way I can leave the top bit over so they couldnt jump.

thegardenmiddlejune2005copy.jpg

erm 2 of mine have cleared a 4' wall before! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: my nethy x easily does 2 1/2 foot! :D

Some of mine can jump up on to a normal height indoor window ledge, but remember if they can get a foothold, they will climb too. Lucky used to climb small trees and bushes to escape before he got head tilt :roll:

Re: /

honeybunny said:
Most of mine can jump quite high and I also have one bun that climbs like a mountain goat! :shock:

Lol i have a weird picture in my head of a bunny crossed with a mountain goat now

Blimey - Im glad I asked this question then - guess leaving the 2 foot wall as it is is out then :shock: :lol:

My Rex & my English Spot can jump 4' easily & Cracker my dwarf lop can hang from the roof of his cage like a hamster, with his legs dangling.

Holly has sussed the jumping thing and can easily jump out of her run if the lid isn't on :eek: Sooty on the other hand doesn't seem to have worked out how to jump yet, he wont even jump off my leg if I'm sat on the floor with him!! :lol:

One of my small bunnies jumps 2 feet up into his cage from a standing position and without the slightest effort! So 18" would definitely not be a problem for the average bunny!

Vera

Caught Jetty jumping on the settee then onto the top of the settee and then onto the stereo system :shock: he was wondering what all the fuss was about. :?

Angie65 said:
My Rex & my English Spot can jump 4' easily & Cracker my dwarf lop can hang from the roof of his cage like a hamster, with his legs dangling.

I'd love to see a piccy of the bunny hamster! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

touie said:
Angie65 said:

I'd love to see a piccy of the bunny hamster! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He does it for about 5 mins, then just pushes the lid off & jumps out. He's loose every night when I get in! I have to keep him in a separate room, cos he isn't neutered. I've tried 3 times to have him "fixed"! Hopefully, he will settle down when neutered & he has a girlfriend.

I haven't posted any pics of my bunnies yet! :oops: Have actually stolen mum's camera too to do it.

Back