• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny toy shopping list...

Ok Well here in australia bunny toys aren't easy to come by (all I can get is wood chews and sisal carrots thats basically it) so I have to find house hold items aswell as pet stuff thats ment for other animals that would suit my rabbit and be creative.

Heres my shopping list...

~Ping pong balls

~Sisal cat toys

~Wooden chew toy (carrot shape)

~Digging tray

~Rabbit scewer thing

~Pringles (use the can as a treat ball once I eat the pringles)

Ok so now I'm stuck. I have cardboard boxes but i want to get him other things. So now I need your help. He can get his teeth into almost any form of rubber so i can't give him baby toys or dog toys and its hard to get cat toys that don't have feathers and stuff on them. Help...

What about bird toys? I buy alot of bird toys for my rabbits, lol, they love them; Most bird toys are wood, and can be hung from the sides of a dog crate (Or cage if that's what you have) - If he's not in anything with bars, lol, he would probably quite enjoy tossing the toy around instead :)
Also I have a couple of cheap cat scratching things, it's not a post, well I guess it is but it is very mini, has a tunnel for the rabbits to go in, and to jump on top of, then there is a floor leading out of the tunnel which has a scratching post on it with balls on strings hanging from the top of it. I'd have to say that is definetley their favorite, they love destroying that carpet o.o :p

I've heard of people using parot toys, is there anything with parot toys to stay away from? I know that the rope and wood things are safe but is there anything that birds can have and rabbits can't that I should make sure it doesn't have on it.

I haven't noticed much else on the bird toys other than wood and rope....other than there is a metal clip on some of them, guess rabbits can break their teeth on that, but can be removed easily if you're worried about that - I'm not sure if the toys that include minerals/seeds would be safe for buns, so I'd stay away from those just ro be on the safe side, but other than that I don't know what else would be on them?
Hard plastic is good too :) Check out baby toys, there is some pretty cool things that you can turn into fun for a rabbit lol :D

I would have a look at cat and bird / parrot toys and also at baby toys. I picked up quite a number of rattles which the buns love and even a small push along toy (no handle) which some buns like others don't. I think most of my toys are either baby / cat / bird / parrot toys rather than made for rabbits!

These pages may give you a few ideas http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Parrot_T.html many you could make versions of your own. Not everything is bunny suitable.

You can also fill the pringle tubes with hay if you take both ends off or even leave both ends on and put something in which jingles for them to roll along.

Janice

Doesn't anyone else find that their rabbit can bite through the rubber on baby toys? If not maybe i should try some other ones maybe its just the one i bought has soft rubber or something.

Many of the baby rattles / toys in England are made from hard plastic and not rubber.

You must have the chld friendly versions which don't mark babies when they hit themselves :lol:

Janice

My flipping blusher brush is one of my bunnies fav toys, when she gets hold of it, I only ever manage to get it back when she's tired of running with it and lays down with it under her tummy..... lol

Noticed you said pringles, didn't realise you could give bunny these, I went crazy with my daughter for giving her sour cream and chive flavour, bunny loved them but I was worried about the salt content.

Karen xx

runnybabbit said:
Noticed you said pringles, didn't realise you could give bunny these, I went crazy with my daughter for giving her sour cream and chive flavour, bunny loved them but I was worried about the salt content.

Karen xx

I think Janice meant the pringle tubes.. empty! Pringles are DEFINATELY not good for bunnies tums!

thanks for that, i didn't think they would be, candy will eat just about anything she can beg borrow or pinch, the first 2 i can control the pinch bit is a bit more of a problem cos shes usually part way through it before i'v either noticed or managed to get it off her, a chip off my dinner plate (which was on the table when i went to answer the front door) is my prime example, half eaten by the time i'd chased her up the stairs with it in her mouth.....lol

Karen x

OMG the website is so cool thank you loads I wonder how I would go with currency conversion, shipping and importing willow balls in from another country.

You should be able to get treatballs, they're sold for dogs/cats: http://www.petsplus.com.au/pet-shop.asp?id=709

If you buy chain you can make your own dangly toys by hanging things off it.

Baby bath toys are sometimes harder plastic, or staking cups. Thick plastic drinking cups or plant pots. Plastic piping.

Tam

I have some plumbing tube and a cat scratching post but he never uses them. I've set off on a mission, instead of consontrating on toys I'm going to improve his cage. I made it out of storage cubes so i will go and get some more and extend it and make it more interesting. My aim is to make a cage that is more convenient for me aswell. I will be sure to post piccies when its done. I'm off to the shops to feel baby toys and buy storage cubes :lol:

Yay got lots of stuff and none of it was meant for rabbits. Infact i didn't even get anything from a pet store. I got...

~Tennis balls

~Plastic golf balls for lil kids

~Ten pin bowling set

~cat rowling ball

~Cat sisal mouse

I got everything from the 2 dollar shop and a supermarket.

Now I'm gonna post piccies in the other forum so make sure you check them out :lol:

Cool, a tenpin bowling set!! You'll have to let us know how your bunny reacts to that - preferably with pictures!

AMETHYST

Back