• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inside to outside...

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
me again - so sorry for all of the questions everyone!!! wish i could help everyone more but just don't have the knowledge (yet!)

This is a quick Q.

Since Alfie pulled out his stiches he has been living inside in a cage in the lounge. We have had the heating on minimim and has been near the patio door which is cooler then the rest of the house. i would turn it off completely but boyfriend moans he is cold!

Anyway. When his stitches come out he will be living outside again after being in for a whole week!

is this ok or shall i introduce him out to the outside gradually. he has ten mins outside last night and it does seem quite mild at the mo!

He should have his winter coat still so this should be ok??

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! :D

hi

poor bf - I'd be cold with no heating on at the mo :shock:

like everyone says - he still has his winter coat so don't worry - I worry about Benny then I think how many people are getting tiny baby rabbits for Christmas, going from a warm pet shop and being put straight out in an uncovered (most likely) hutch on their own - they do survive somehow!

Also rescues that keep their rabbits outside - suppose someone gives them some house bunnies - they have to go straight outside and they do alright, so I'm sure Alfie will be a lot better off with his nice thick coat - don't worry :)

like everyone says - he still has his winter coat so don't worry - I worry about Benny then I think how many people are getting tiny baby rabbits for Christmas, going from a warm pet shop and being put straight out in an uncovered (most likely) hutch on their own - they do survive somehow!

Good point - thanks elve!

Am going to let him have a run of the garden later! he loves running around in the dark!

Back