• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just when we thought we had made progress..

Tiger Lilly

Warren Scout
Hi everyone. Wonder if anyone can help?
We had made good progress with bonding my two buns, they snuggle and groom each other in turn, play chase and binky around the room together...but it seems that there is a slight problem with the whole dominace thing.

Lilly keeps sniffing his bum :oops: so he does the same which results in them going around in a circle chasing each others tail then she bites his bum then mounts his face. we have always made sure we are close by to stop the mounting after the recommended 10-20 seconds but they was a bit of a scuffle on sunday and he has bit her leg! (We are having to take her to the vets tonight.)

anyone have any advice?? i'm getting stressed! we thought we had made good progress with the grooming and snuggling.. does lilly just want to be the dominant one? Where do we go from here??

Lilly just wants to be dominant. you are doing fine with the bonding. And they will figure it out. Unless the chasing and mounting turns vicious leave them to it. You interfering after 10/20 seconds will just make the process longer. Unless they really start to bite i.e they have drawn blood leave them to it XX

So it's ok for Lilly to mount him? Even his face? :oops: (poor little things, if only they all knew what we all discuss on here!! :p ) and we can let it continue as long as they aren't fighting with it?

Tiger Lilly said:
So it's ok for Lilly to mount him? Even his face? :oops: (poor little things, if only they all knew what we all discuss on here!! :p ) and we can let it continue as long as they aren't fighting with it?

Yep apsolutly fine! Don't worry about it. As long as the fighting isn't serious i.e no blood shed, then your doing great XX

You need to be more wary if he mounts her face though, as she could bite his boy bits and that could be a very serious injury!!

good luck! just been through same thing with maple and herbie, i thought there was something wrong with her she mounted him so much :lol: and in the end he woud become annoyed and they would fight. like you i kept seperating them but then last week decided to let them do what they wanted- after a couple of scuffles herbie ran away and this happened a few times. they're pretty much ok now but she does still try and mount him occasionally. it's hard to let them fight but worth it

Back