• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why are they weeing everywhere?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Since moving into the summer house lilac and shadow have been weeing and pooing all over the floor of there pen,the only other time lilac does this is when she has a bladder infection but then she is also wet underneath which she isnt ,and this time there both doing up so im changing there vet bed twice a day :? any ideas why and how to stop them?

What did they used to wee and poo in? If they used to use a litter tray, try putting some of their poo and wee in it and hpefully they will get the hint and start to use that instead!!

They have the base of an indoor cage for there litter tray there using that too!
But i want to stop them weeing on the floor too

bluebunny said:
The littler tray they have his huge,there just spot weeing everywhere not just in one place

I'd say its definitely cos its new and doesn't smell right yet. Charlie and Lavender do it when I put them somewhere new - their dog crate outside or their bunny shed at my parents house. In the past its taken a couple of weeks for them to stop, but it did mean we dispensed with using vet bed and just put news paper on the bottom of their crate instead.

hi

Tia's done it all over my living room carpet :roll: It definitely smells 'right' to her now - not so sure about it myself :?

Oh glad its not just my two :lol: do they do the same just spot wee everywhere?
I need to use the vet bed for now as there on the summer house floor and it will be runied,just untill we get some lino then they can do as they like, dirty bunnies!

Im with the others Im afraid terratory wars.

Mine do this all over their run on one side. They are immaculately clean in the spare room (cold nights) perfect in their hutches but a nightmare in the kitchen although much improved. Ive put litter trays in all their corners of their run and they find a gap. You could try cleaning up with a biological cleaner eg laundry liquid diluted but youll probably find theyll just go in for it even more.

Patience more litter trays and newspaper!

My bun always wees in the same spot when she's let out around the kitchen.
She seems to always go there.

Back