• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet Trouble

ljs383

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone

I have just got my first rabbit in years I love to bring him indoors and sit with him but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to stop him going to the toilet on me?!

Any ideas

Thanks

Lynda

hi

is he just a baby? Maybe he needs neutering if he's over a few months old, and maybe a litter tray indoors, with hay, and wood or paper based litter in, might help him go in a better place than your lap? Hope so :D

:D Hi there!! Is your lil' man...err-hmm...neutered :? ? :oops: :oops: Also, how old is he?? Buns around the time of puberty do get a bit 'excited' about everything!!. :roll: Weeing/pooping on you is just him saying 'you are MINE'!! :wink: Buns :roll: ,they sure have a strange way of showin' their feelings at times!! Getting him neutered will reduce his 'hormonal' excitement and as he gets more used to you he will settle down. You could spend time getting to know him by sitting on the ground with him rather than having him on your lap or carrying him. Thus not giving him the chance to 'mark you out' as his!! Can we see a piccie of him P-L-E-A-S-E!! Jane and Buns xx

Hi I will get a pic of him and put it on 2moro.

Benji is about 2 months old, what age do the get neurtered?

ljs383 said:
Hi I will get a pic of him and put it on 2moro.

Benji is about 2 months old, what age do the get neurtered?
As soon as his 'family jewels' have descended!! :oops: :lol: 3-4 months for smaller breeds,5-6 months for the big bunsters!! :D Jane and Buns xx

hi

usually about 5 or 6 months old - he's just a baby - hope he's wrapped up warm when he's outside - it's not really a good idea to let them go from heated house to cold garden as they can get chilled - better if you switch off the heating while he's indoors :)

Back