• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run featured on RR site advert?

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
Since Skye has started striping the wallpaper in my nice wee rented flat she has been confined to her cage while there is no-one in to supervise. I feel terrible keeping her in there and I've been checking out different options.

Joey and Skye are not bonded, they fight like cat and dog... Joey is out all the time and has no problems with chewing.

I think the best option would be to get the run which is advertised on the RR site and attach this as a run to her cage. But I would need a lid as she is also a bit of a jumper. Has anyone tried making an enclosed run with this using 2 panels for each side, one at each end and two for the roof? If you have did it look a decent size?

I am also a bit worried about the size of the holes in the mesh. Could a bunny squeeze through the gaps? Or could Joey get a nasty bite from Skye through the bars? I'm such a worrier but it is quite expensive and I don't want to find out it isn't suitable once I get it!

Once I've got this sorted all I need to worry about is learning to decorate as I'll need to re-do the wallpaper before my next flat inspection!! :?

have you thought of trying the storage cubes? they can be joined to make a run any size you want and also a roof with them too, I used cable ties to attach them together

If you mean the PWS greenline stuff - it's really sturdy, and would be fine to make into a roofed run as you describe - I've done the same thing myself as an emergency indoor area.

I also use it outdoors but yes one of your bunnies could definitely get a nasty bite through the bars, you would need to cover it with a finer mesh or something. I reckon small bunnies could also get their head caught in it if you haven't covered it with a finer mesh.

cazza269 said:
have you thought of trying the storage cubes? they can be joined to make a run any size you want and also a roof with them too, I used cable ties to attach them together

I have thought about this too, don't know how easy they are to get a hold of though. Where did you get yours and how much were they? I need something quickly as she's ruining my wallpaper! (but I still can't get angry with her! She's not too happy when I skoosh her with the water skoosher though!)

AlisonA said:
If you mean the PWS greenline stuff - it's really sturdy, and would be fine to make into a roofed run as you describe - I've done the same thing myself as an emergency indoor area.

I also use it outdoors but yes one of your bunnies could definitely get a nasty bite through the bars, you would need to cover it with a finer mesh or something. I reckon small bunnies could also get their head caught in it if you haven't covered it with a finer mesh.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. After reading your comments I'm not too sure it's a good idea as the whole point would be to leave her somewhere safe while I wasn't there to supervise but she could still run around.

Mine live a lot of the time in a large penned area made from the green stuff. I use it high ways up and so far nobody has jumped. You would need to buy two sets for a decent sized roofed run or just get rid of the cage and get a tunnel or dog bed so she cant jump from them (unless she really jumps high)
house.jpg

Hi Julie,
I used to use the pws panels as you have described (2 as a lid) as an indoor cage, I used cabel ties as Blueberry did have a knack of escaping - easily pushed with her nose.
Using cable ties was much more secure just a pain to get into.

I've got some piccies... they show a slightly smaller space than they could be as I overlapped some of the panels to fit the space I had, plus I had the furplast cage in it, which you wouldn't have.

home2.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Back