• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gloop is alone....

Magenta123

Young Bun
Hi... About 3 weeks ago i got a couple of rabbits who's owner didnt want to care for them anymore, (didnt look like they had ever cared to be honest) Both were old bun's and both spaid,
The doe gloop got a good bill of health apart from over grown nails and teeth but the buck Augustis was in a pretty bad way, he didnt eat much and was blind in one eye.. He didnt ajust well to move from his old home and sadly passed away thismorning. :(

They had been together for many years the past owner told us so now im very concerned about gloop, all i can do is keep giving her lots of love but i dont have a clue what type of a effect this loss will have on her..

I feel so sad for her, any sugestions on what i can do to help her?

Your best option is a boyfriend for her , try and track down an older rabbit for her. In the meantime you could give her lots of attention and perhaps a teddy. val

A boyfriend...

She's a rather old bun so im not sure if i should try introducing her to my 6 month old Prince.. He's not been spaid but she has.. think he would just annoy her? Augustus was always humping her so i dunno if it would bother her too much, ahhh i dunno... what do you think?

If you're worried about introducing her to a much younger buck, you could always look out for an older rabbit on RR or at a local rescue.

Re: A boyfriend...

Magenta123 said:
She's a rather old bun so im not sure if i should try introducing her to my 6 month old Prince.. He's not been spaid but she has.. think he would just annoy her? Augustus was always humping her so i dunno if it would bother her too much, ahhh i dunno... what do you think?

How old is she? Charlie was almost 6 when he lost Fern, they'd been together for almost 6 years and rarely apart, they even both stayed over at the vets when Fern was ill so that they could be together. I had to have Fern pts and wasn't sure any of us could face rushing straight into getting another bun. In the short term we gave Charlie the run of the house instead of just the lounge so he could follow us around, we spent more time in so he wasn't on his own much and we got him a teddy. About 3 weeks later he chose his new friend Lavender from a rescue, she was 5 months old when she came to live with us. I wasn't sure about having such a young bun, but I've never seen Charlie so happy and active. So if these 2 are anything to go by then theres no reason in the world not to pair Gloop up with a younger bun.

Back