• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter trays

xSarahx

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend which type of cage litter tray is better for a neutered mini lop house bunny?!

- the corner variety or the regular flat, square/rectangular kind?

xSarahx

Get a rectangular one. Make sure there is plenty of room for the rabbit to move around inside that rectangle. So it can't be a "just fit" for the rabbit.

And make sure it is as LOW profile as possible. Rabbits get too lazy jumping over if it is med high.

I had 2 med high litter boxes, I was fortunate enough to find another brand name, that is a big box, yet very low profile. so not much effort is needed for the rabbit to hop over.

I had to get a high sided rectangular tray as my Smokie likes to stick her bum over the edge when she wees :lol: :lol:

I've got a corner one, which would be fine for inside a cage...but for just in the house...it's too small, even for my baby. She has to reverse into it! Rectangular ones are much better.

I use a corner litter tray that is high at the sides, but the bigger size as they come in two sizes. Got them years ago from the dreaded Pets at Home. The smaller size was okay for my bunny when he was a baby, but the larger size is perfect for him now, he's a medium size lop, weighs about 7lb.

I use the rectangular ones for all of mine. Only problem is, Bobby often snuggles up into his!

HS said:
I use the rectangular ones for all of mine. Only problem is, Bobby often snuggles up into his!

Its Binky who in the summer chooses to spend lazy days snoozing in the litter tray :roll: My daughter and I turn into obbsessive litter tray cleaners as its the worst place they could choose to sit really .. with the dreaded flystrike

We use the rectangle ones too

I use a standard rectangular one, but then build up the height of one end of the tray with newspaper as otherwise they misfire!! :lol:

Back