• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new guinea pigs

Lind80

Mama Doe
I picked these gorgeous piggies up yesterday from Yorkshire. They were from a breeder who has decided to cut down on the amount she has. They are really porky and super friendly. They don't seem to have been bothered at all by the 5 hour journey they had yesterday.

DSCN0980.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

RSCN1000.jpg

RSCN0999.jpg

Yes they are all little girls. I have got a little boy aswell from her, but he is seperate at the moment till he's been castrated. Bet he loved coming home with me, only had him since yesterday and he is already booked in for castration :lol: He is a peruvian and very very handsome. They have all had litters except one of them, but I don't think they were very good breeders, especially the peruvian girl who had 2 dead litters. I'm glad they weren't good breeding piggies anyway, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get them!

hi

I just got Charlie the piggie neutered on Friday - I took on a breeder's entire stock 4 weeks ago (is it that long? - it's passed in an exhausted haze!) He's not been drinking since his op, even though his water bottle's 2" away from his nose - I've had to hold it to his mouth, when I eventually noticed the level hadn't gone down :roll:
I've just got him on plain newspaper as they mustn't be on shavings after the op - but he insists on lying on his prickly hay anyway - less distance to walk for munching - Got to wait 4 weeks till he can have a girlfriend though - hope all goes well with your little fella - he will have a happy life in a couple of months :D

This is Brian. This picture of him in his carrier when he got home is the only picture I have got of him, cause he is not quite so friendly as the others, although I think he will come round, he is just a bit nervous, possibly from the long journey. But he is a handsome chap!

DSCN1005.jpg

Wow, what great piggies you have. I love Brian.

He looks like he has a really short nose? I have to say that the shorter nosed piggies are better for me. Although, i am not piky on the piggie front, because theya re all great.

I love the pics too!!!

Gracie and animals x

They are all quite snubby nosed, I think the long coated breeds tend to have shorter noses than the smooths and I think they are quite well bred pigges coming from someone who showed them. I just can't get over how friendly they are! :D

Back