• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnys in the Park - pics added :-)

BevBunny

Mama Doe
My office is on Kensington High Street in London, I went for a walk at lunchtime today and decided to go to Holland Park as it was such a beautiful day and I really needed to go clear my head somewhere quiet.

I found bunnies in the park, they didn't look at all like wild rabbits - 3 were black and one was chocolate brown. :D

They have an ecology/nature office so I went and asked, apparently there is a colony of wild 'domestic' rabbits in the park, they've lived there happily for many years. They were never introduced so its always been assumed that they are escaped pets. They looked very happy and healthy. :D

I'll take my camera tomorrow and see if I can get some good pics then you lot can tell me what sort they are - I'll have named them and be taking lunch for them as well before you know it. :wink:

It made me smile all afternoon. :D

No way! I have to go there and see the bunnies.

BevBunny, my office is on Hammersmith Rd, we should meet up! :lol:

I saw 8 bunnies today - 7 black and the chocolate brown one. All of the black ones look the same, but the chocolate one is a different shape with a rounder face and body.

The first three I saw were in the middle of the wooded bit so I couldn't really get any pics, I found one lying down so attempted a photo - you can just see him/her.......
ParkBuns_August05001.jpg

Three were in a clearing near the path/fence and someone had been and fed them - carrots and toast, so theres lots of pics of them, and their pigeon friends.
ParkBuns_August05018.jpg

ParkBuns_August05017.jpg

ParkBuns_August05012.jpg

ParkBuns_August05008.jpg

Then the other two that I saw were in a clearing a fair way off and my camera isn't good enough to do long distance pics - thats where the chocolate coloured one was. I'll borrow the o/h's camera its better than mine.

I really rather like my new lunchtime friends. :D

Bunny-mad - we should definitely meet up one lunchtime, we can go bunny spotting. 8)

can you tell I have been waiting for these ;)

they are lovely wabbits they really are!! such sweet looking things :D I would be there ALLL the time!!

I think I could be going quite a lot, its nice to get out of the office for half an hour too and what better to do than a walk in the park to see the bunnies. :D

I didn't manageto get any pics of the squirrels but its an odd sight seeing buns, pigeons, peacocks and squirrels all tucking into lunch together!

bunny-mad said:
That's amazing! Did they come up to you?

They are in the bit at the back that is fenced, its not fenced to keep them in, its to keep the humans out as its the wildlife reserve bit. They come within a few feet of the fence, they are obviouly fairly used to humans and that people must come and feed them. There are always bits of carrot there, and then a huge pile of bread round the corner where the pigeons and peacocks are.

I realised where Hammersmith Road is, you must work extremely close to me, I work in that hideous government building opposite the hilton near kensington olympia.

Back