• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Because it's so cold

cassie10

New Kit
Because it's so cold do you think it would be ok to put a blanket in with snowball. It's only an old cotton baby blanketor do you think he will chew and get it stuck in his throat.

please help what else could i do to keep him warm, i feel so guilty that he's out there and i'm in here in the warm :(

If you bun is outside all the time then he should be fine he has a fur coat and will be used to the weather, if you wanted you could put a covering over his hutch/run to give him a bit of added protection against the wind and rain

He's already got the shield that goes on the front of the hutch and a plastic sheet covering his hutch and run. i just wanted to see if i colud put a blanket in with him so he snuggle into it. big softie i am LOL

I am at work in Slough at the moment - miserable isn't it!

Supposed to be sunny today so my four are stuck in the garden back at home.

Caz

I used to live in Slough!

I'm confused. Do you not normally let them out all day then? Are they outdoor bunnies?

If there are 4 they will snuggle up together. My 2 do.

oh ok not so confused now. :lol: i thought caz was the original poster. doh!

cassie, is your bunny an outdoor buny? lots of hay will help. makes it nice and snuggly.

well if he lives outside then he'll be fine. When winter comes, it'll be freezing. But rabbits weren't born in warm houses with fireplaces...so living outside is fine. Fill the bedroom area with hay and it'll be all cosy.

Back