• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A serious question...

Nando

Young Bun
I e-mailed the lady in charge of the rabbits at Harry's shelter and she e-mailed me back.
I asked her about bonding Harry and Charlie and she said to just let them fight it out. I really don't think that is such a good idea as last time Charlie got a hole in her ear... :(
These bunnies are like my kids and I couldn't just let them fight it out in front of me! That would be so cruel. What do you guys think I should do....?

i think that person is really stupid and DONT do it bunnys as cute as they are can cause REAL damage and do fight to the DEATH!

hmm maybe she didnt realise how badly they were fighting? rabits DO have the odd scuffle whilst bonding, but full blown fighting when they are hurting ach other badly should not be allowed to continue. If this happens it might be that the bunnies just arent made for each other!

Thats why i have Lolly. She wasnt made for Benny. Any rescues or rabbit vets near you who would take a look and help?

Be patient, some buns take longer than others to bond.

Try every technique possible, then try them again. Build up slowly and expect loads of set backs.

Last tip invest in a good wooden broom and some thick gloves.

Back