• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi Everyone

SarahJane

New Kit
Hello everyone. :wave:

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. I have just got my little girl, Ellie (4), a rex bunny that she has called Pipsy. He is 4 months old, although Ellie insists he is a she. As I haven't had a bunny since I was 8, any advice would be appreciated. We have him in the house every night until Ellie goes to bed, we cover him up outside each night, but I am a bit concerned about how cold it is now. Do I need to do anything else? Hope to hear from someone soon.

Hiya,

Welcome to the boards, I wouldn't know about outside buns as I've always had house bunnies since I was a little girl. If you ask for advice on the Rabbit care forum, further down......
V
You will get a very good response.
:D

hi there sarahjane and welcome to the forum

at this time of year i would not recommend that you bring your bunny in and out of the house, because of the temperture change, (you have probably got the heating on.) i would recommend doing one or the other ie... in or out they manage fine outside as long as you cover the hutch at night with some tarpullen to stop the drafts and the rain and put padlocks on the doors.

hope that helps

eve x

Hiya, welcome to the forum. I agree with bunnylove, bringing your bun in and out can have adverse effects on it's health. I have a rex too (in my avatar), is he a standard or mini? Do you have any pictures? :wink:

Hi Sarah Jane :wave: have fun on the forum :D everyone has at least one thing in common :wink: BUNNIES :D :lol:

Back