• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

VHD injection

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
When claude had his first vhd jab he was poorly for about 3 days after,i was thinking of not having him done again,but with a vhd outbreak not too far from me i though id better
anyway claude,lilac and shadow all had there jabs yesterday and are all fine today,which has lead me to belive claude could of been a bit off anyway

Oh well that's good news then Marie, thank goodness! :D

I think your wise to still have it done. There was a bit in the news about Abbey Park in Leicester, where 20 out of 32 rabbits died there of a mystery illness :(

bunnyhuggger said:
Oh well that's good news then Marie, thank goodness! :D

I think your wise to still have it done. There was a bit in the news about Abbey Park in Leicester, where 20 out of 32 rabbits died there of a mystery illness :(
yes thats the reason i got them done lynda,i read it in my local newspaper

in my local paper it said it was vhd,the park was shut and all the remaning rabbits were vaccinted
what made me a little angry was the vet who treated all the bunnies said vhd can stay on your clothes, shoes etc for 3 months after but they only shut the park for 3 weeks sounds rather stupid to me

Back