• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cagney - She's at it again!

bunnytales

Mama Doe
This little bunster what is she doing to me :!: :!:

I came home tonight and noticed that she was lying down alot and pressing her tummy to the floor :( - she wasn't interested in her tea either - I have given her a comforting tummy massage on a snuggle pad which she seemed to enjoy, also some infacol and Metacam just in case - so I'm hoping its just tummy ache - carn't think why as her diet hasn't changed.

I've now popeed back in with her Pal Buffy but she's still not moving too much although she has been having a wash which I felt was an encouraging sign, she doesn't seem to be in any obvious pain (although we all know bunns it can be difficult to tell) but she seems reasonably bright and sorta semi interested in things.

Can any of you good folk tell me how soon I should give her fluids or Critical Care! :?:

I didn't want to force too much on her all at once - if you know what I mean!

I thought I might give her an hour or so to just relax and then perhaps repeat the Tummy Massage and Medication and keep an eye on her overnight! and then if no better pop her to the Vets first thing.

She did this not so long ago so I'm really hoping like last time that I'll pop down in the middle of the night and find her throwing a party - What a Little Minx :roll:

Awww Lany, it's such a worry when they are not themselves. I'm sure you little girl will be fine. I'm no expert but I'm sure giving her some fluids etc wouldn't hurt her if you're worried. Keep us posted won't you. Sending lots of snuggles for her and the rest of the gang.xx

Oi Cagney this isn't a good start to the new year is it madam :roll:

How is she now Lany, speacial tummy rubs from auntie Tracy please and an update very soon. Hope she is on the mend :)

Howdie Folks - sorry its taken a while to reply - slight manic start to work today!!

Little Blighter!!!!! - Shes Fine again now, I tucked her up with Pal Buffs and gave her some more infacol and popped to have a look at her during the night and she was eating hay and scampering around like nothing had happened - you know if I didn't know her better I'm sure she might just do it just to get a tummy rub and 20 minutes on a Snuggle Pad :lol: :lol:

I gave her just a tea spoon of SS this morning which was mashed into a stew and she soon woofed it down and then she jumped in her Hay box for a Munch - but I thought I'd best keep her diet light on SS for the next few days (she only has small amount of Pellets anyhow) but I'll keep a watch on her during the next few days.

Strange how this has happened twice now though and for what seems not real reason. Buffs is going for her Vacc. Bosters this week so I'm going to pop Cagney along too just for a thorough check up.

Maaike_Butter said:
Is she speyed, Lany?

Maaike - she is speyed - does this have any implications :?:

Thanks all for you kind thoughts, don't know what I'd do without you all - she does panic me sometimes! - Mind you - I thought I'd had it quiet for too long from my lot - Just when you thought you can relax eh!! :lol: :lol:

Hey Lany, I just asked because flattening themselves on the ground (=lordosis) is common when rabbits are in oestrus, but if she's been speyed, that's hardly possible! ;)

I thought of it because my family once rushed a "sick" cat to the vets, when she turned out to be in heat... :oops: ...ok, so she was really extreme in her behaviour, but still... :oops:

Yipeee thanks for the update Lany, she is a monkey isn't she.

Of course if you've had enough I could always have her back :lol: :lol: :lol:

rngpwelfare said:
Yipeee thanks for the update Lany, she is a monkey isn't she.

Of course if you've had enough I could always have her back :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just four words matey! "ON YER BIKE GAL!" :lol: :lol:

Cagney sends a snuggle to her Fav Aunt! :bunny:

Oh Lany I am so sorry I missed this about Cagney. :?
But I am so relieved to hear that you have waved your magic wand and nursed her back to health :D

Please tell her bunny lady ship that if she plans to throw a sickie when she comes to stay with her Aunty Adele, that their will be trouble with a capital T!!!!!.....we have medicine by the bottle at the ready, so just the thought of that should keep her shocked into being a happy and healthy bunny :lol:

Oh boy what a start to the New Year, rabbits always time things perfectly!! NOT :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please give her snuggles from me, and hugs for you Lany :D

Adele said:
Oh Lany I am so sorry I missed this about Cagney. :?
But I am so relieved to hear that you have waved your magic wand and nursed her back to health :D

Thanks Matey! but you taught me well gal - at least I feel a little bit more comfortable that if something happens I can at least do something to make her feel more comfortable but I'm learning all the times from all you good folks on here and it really helps to know that there is normally always someone around to bounce your worries off. :roll:

:lol: :lol: - I whisper your message in her Lugole! tonight Adeleee - :lol: :lol: and hopefully she'll behave herself :wink:

Thanks again all for your kind wishes for the little tinker!

Back