• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eye?

slob1231

Warren Scout
Soo as most of you know, insurance isn't covered until 14 days til after its claimed .. this is Coco's eye...do we need vets? He's still on antibiotics..
7c6df9ac611805544b3170a161ecde6e.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

That wasn't me saying I'm not going to take him to the vets by the way, as most of you know I've just got insurance for Coco, we haven't registered with a rabbit savvy vet yet (will next week!) So its only pdsa at the moment!

Soo as most of you know, insurance isn't covered until 14 days til after its claimed .. this is Coco's eye...do we need vets? He's still on antibiotics.

Yes, especially as he has had it for several days and he has already been unwell in other ways. There is a slight chance that the eye lesion might be related to a reaction to his recent Nobivac Myxo -RHD Vaccine.

They actually didn't tell me whether they had that injection or not. But we paid on arrival i told the guy what injection i wanted him to have and he said okay, went out the room came back in and said oh we don't do that one...
2f99cf887b4cf141973bafccda9bb35b.jpg

He had the injections in the pic above so couldn't get a refund anyway. I know I've been through it. I will find somewhere x

'' In very rare cases the appearance of mild clinical signs of myxomatosis may occur within 3 weeks of vaccination. Recent or latent infection with field myxoma virus seems to play a role in this to a certain extent.''

Full details here :

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455496

It could be that all of his recent malaise was triggered by a rare vaccine reaction ,but only a thorough examination by a Rabbit Savvy Vet will confirm that.

If the Rabbit Savvy Vet feels a vaccine reaction is possible then the incident needs to be reported to the VMD

https://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/AdverseReactionReporting/Product.aspx?SARType=Animal

The spot on his eye hasn't been there for days, it started off red and the vet told me it was possible that it's related to his tempature etc.

Thank you I'll have a look at the link [emoji4].

Back