PDA

View Full Version : Courgettes and litter tray

Cuthbert&Dillon
25-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Can rabbits have courgette please?

Do you think if I make a polite notice asking Cuthbert not to sleep in his litter tray, he would listen to me?

Thank you :D

Omi
25-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Yes, they might not like Courgette though.

No, to the polite notice, he'd probably eat it :lol: I find that rabbits tend to like to sleep in their litter tray. I guess it has something to do with feeling secure in their territory.

MightyMax
25-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Can rabbits have courgette please?

Do you think if I make a polite notice asking Cuthbert not to sleep in his litter tray, he would listen to me?

Thank you :D

Yes, my rabbits like courgette :)

Sleep in litter tray? Of course he must :lol:

Cuthbert&Dillon
25-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Thank you for your replies - maybe a stroppy "Do not sleep in the litter tray" notice then - lol

Shimmer
25-11-2017, 11:04 AM
I can only get 1 guinea pig to eat courgettes. The rest of the piggies and buns ignore it. Not that keen on them myself, either.

MightyMax
25-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Thank you for your replies - maybe a stroppy "Do not sleep in the litter tray" notice then - lol

Noooo :lol:

You have to make the litter tray a comfortable bed :D

Cuthbert&Dillon
25-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Noooo :lol:

You have to make the litter tray a comfortable bed :D

They have straw, hay, a blanket knitted, a blanket fleece, a selection of towels and Cuthbert even has a large pink pig called Valerie - there is no room for a bed!

TheThreeB's
25-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Such an intriguing thread title :lol:

I've never thought of giving mine courgette, I might do now x

Cuthbert&Dillon
25-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Dillon said no thank you but Cuthbert yummed it up :)

CometLucy195
26-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Some of my 5 love courgettes, well Lavender and Jet do. Piper, Dave and Lucy don't, Mind you, Lav and Jet pretty much scoff anything the little piggies.
Speaking of piggies, I lost my last little guinea pig Teddy a few weeks ago. He was over 6 1/2. Im not getting any more as the children aren't really interested and the rabbits take up all my attention. But I am missing having my 'piggy' bowl I used to put all the vegetable cut offs in, especially the peppers they so loved. The rabbits just don't eat some of them. So it's into the compost, but Ive had Guineas for so long, it's really strange not saving it all 😒

Cuthbert&Dillon
26-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Some of my 5 love courgettes, well Lavender and Jet do. Piper, Dave and Lucy don't, Mind you, Lav and Jet pretty much scoff anything the little piggies.
Speaking of piggies, I lost my last little guinea pig Teddy a few weeks ago. He was over 6 1/2. Im not getting any more as the children aren't really interested and the rabbits take up all my attention. But I am missing having my 'piggy' bowl I used to put all the vegetable cut offs in, especially the peppers they so loved. The rabbits just don't eat some of them. So it's into the compost, but Ive had Guineas for so long, it's really strange not saving it all ��

So sorry to hear about Teddy, xxx

MightyMax
26-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Speaking of piggies, I lost my last little guinea pig Teddy a few weeks ago. He was over 6 1/2. Im not getting any more as the children aren't really interested and the rabbits take up all my attention. But I am missing having my 'piggy' bowl I used to put all the vegetable cut offs in, especially the peppers they so loved. The rabbits just don't eat some of them. So it's into the compost, but Ive had Guineas for so long, it's really strange not saving it all 😒

So sorry to hear about Teddy :(

I think because my rabbits don't get treats, they regards courgettes as 'different' and therefore a welcome change from hay and forage :lol:

CometLucy195
26-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Thanks both.