• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Emergency vet - help

SJH

Warren Veteran
My big boy is suffering.

He's been sedentary today. His eyes have been runny so I resolved to take him to vet tomorrow.

However, his ears are now burning hot and his left leg keeps giving way underneath him.

I'm waiting for a lift now. :cry:

My big boy is suffering.

He's been sedentary today. His eyes have been runny so I resolved to take him to vet tomorrow.

However, his ears are now burning hot and his left leg keeps giving way underneath him.

I'm waiting for a lift now. :cry:

So sorry to hear this :(

Vibes for you and Hector xx

Thanks all. We are now home.

Basically, he's having a flare-up of his runny eyes and snotty nose. He started this weekend and was going to the vet tomorrow to get some eye drops. He's been on his bean bag most of the day feeling a bit sorry for himself. When he went to get up this evening, his back left leg just wouldn't function. EC was the first horror in my mind but the vet is fairly sure it isn't. It's just one leg instead of both. He is fairly sure it's a bit of arthritis which sort of makes sense. He's not moved much today and it's stiffened up. He's got some eye drops and some metacam. I'll monitor him closely over the next day or so and take it from there. Poor boy. He seems quite happy in himself now though.

Thanks all. We are now home.

Basically, he's having a flare-up of his runny eyes and snotty nose. He started this weekend and was going to the vet tomorrow to get some eye drops. He's been on his bean bag most of the day feeling a bit sorry for himself. When he went to get up this evening, his back left leg just wouldn't function. EC was the first horror in my mind but the vet is fairly sure it isn't. It's just one leg instead of both. He is fairly sure it's a bit of arthritis which sort of makes sense. He's not moved much today and it's stiffened up. He's got some eye drops and some metacam. I'll monitor him closely over the next day or so and take it from there. Poor boy. He seems quite happy in himself now though.

I'm glad you've got some reassurance, an expert eye, and some Metacam and eye drops.

I hope you can both breathe a bit easier tonight and sleep well xx

Thank you everyone.

He's looking quite happy this morning and eating well. He's still a bit sedentary though so I'm keeping a close eye on this leg. At least his temperature has gone down and his eyes are less runny with the drops.

I really hate it when he's poorly. He's such a happy boy normally.

Thank you everyone.

He's looking quite happy this morning and eating well. He's still a bit sedentary though so I'm keeping a close eye on this leg. At least his temperature has gone down and his eyes are less runny with the drops.

Sorry to hear that Hector is not well. I hope that he will soon be back on top form xx

Thank you everyone.

Sending vibes for Hector to return to his former happiness xx

Thank you so much everyone.

I'm delighted to say he's seemingly back to normal, racing about the house this morning. There really isn't anything so odd as bunnies sometimes!

:love:

Thank you so much everyone.

I'm delighted to say he's seemingly back to normal, racing about the house this morning. There really isn't anything so odd as bunnies sometimes!

:love:

I missed that Hector was poorly. Glad he is back on form today.

Back