• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could I ask for more vibes please? Mimzy this time :(

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
My poor wee man is not looking so well last night and today. Not certain of the issue but there's little going in water/foodwise and diminished stuff coming out.
As his leg is still a constant issue with scald I fear that he is just getting more uncomfortable despite our being able to keep it clean.
I have to try to get him through the weekend now, tempting him with favourite eats, but he seems changed and I wonder if we're getting near 'the time.'

I know you'll all be thinking of him, and I'm so very grateful. xxxx

Lots of vibes being sent xx

Hugs being sent for you too... you're not having a good time of it lately xx

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

My poor wee man is not looking so well last night and today. Not certain of the issue but there's little going in water/foodwise and diminished stuff coming out.
As his leg is still a constant issue with scald I fear that he is just getting more uncomfortable despite our being able to keep it clean.
I have to try to get him through the weekend now, tempting him with favourite eats, but he seems changed and I wonder if we're getting near 'the time.'

You're poor little man M :cry: I am thinking of both of you, I know that you will do all you can for your special little friend xx

I'm so sorry, sending lots of vibes for dear Mimzy and lots of love and comforting ((((( hugs ))))) for you too, take care xx

Thank you everyone, you are all so kind. And thank you Jane for the heads up post. :love:

Well I wanted to leave a note here before I turn in. I've been keeping an eye on him all day, and giving sporadic syringe feeds (he really doesn't like it) and lots of greens. He hasn't touched the pellets I left him this evening, but he got through some hay and his poos are more acceptable at present. His cecals from all the greens are, as you can imagine, atrocious, but they've been off for some time. They never quite recovered from his last long rounds of abx. Like nasty toothpaste mixed with superglue (apologies to anyone currently brushing their teeth or eating. :oops: )

He continues munching them as he can though...and bumbling around in his deaf and blind way. He was absolutely tearing about his enclosure tonight once he realized that Fiver was 'oot and aboot.' :lol: He's much less out of it than he was this time last evening so I am encouraged. I fear he may have been a bit dehydrated...I went ahead and refilled his water bottle with the one he likes and hope he'll still drink from it. It did look like he's had some from his bowl as well, which was a relief. But I will have to reassess his QOL in the days to come, because I don't want him suffering. For now he seems alert and comfortable, if a bit annoyed at me. I'll take that over how he was almost limp last night any day.

He is 10 this year. In June it will be 5 years since he tilted. We've had a good long run and, if it turns out that he has had enough, I won't be feeling like he's missed out on anything.

He's still in moult....typical. He doesn't like being groomed anymore but will gladly accept head strokes and fusses. He just melts when I snuggle him, but understandably due to his bad back he won't tolerate much from about mid-spine down to his tail, so we can't do the old full bunny body massages we used to do. :(

His left rear leg, which was originally diagnosed with the hip spur and spondylosis, is almost out at a right angle to his body. I'm not sure if the right rear leg is painful and that's why he's got his left out to stabilize himself, or if it's the left leg that is hurting and he holds it that way because that's the only way it's bearable. :( Between him and Fiver they are a couple of crooked, Grumpy Old Men. I wish the local vet would see their way clear to giving out just a bit more pain relief...but I guess it's their opinion that it's pointless.

When Mimzy's out for a romp though...look out! He may go in circles but he's determined to get there, one way or other! :roll:

Thank you again, everyone, for your vibes. They have had the desired effect for my little man. He seems much more himself and less that "shadow Mimzy" I was so worried about last night. I truly was praying for God to just gently take him if He had to, because I didn't want to hold him back from the comforts of Paradise. (And of course this had to happen OOH.) But if it has to be me that sends him with the Black Rabbit, then I will do whatever is best for him.

Bless you all. xxxx

I'm glad he seems to be improving, i hope he will remain comfortable and happy for a long time to come :love:

Loads of vibes for him MM, and hugs for you xx

Back