• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Binky & Bella

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Disappeared from the forum for ages, but I'm currently bonding Binky and Bella and it reminded me to pop back

They're having "dates", and most the time they ignore eachother and sit together to eat

Today they laid together (not full flops but still laying) and napped

It's all been fine until Bella tried to groom Binkys body and the side of her face today, Binky grunted and lunged and Bella grunted back - I pushed them apart then the carried on sitting together, they didn't fight or anything but I'm worried it'll turn to a fight

They've had 4/5 sessions now and were up to 50 minutes, but it worries me that they ignore eachother and all their interactions involve grunting

Is it normal? I'm quite over protective so do worry they'll get hurt[emoji23]

4c93a218f0ee825cc4ecbdcc9e3f8ea2.jpg

9e663a82cc39ea57a49c39a3e6853915.jpg

b2b1e77d3d730100d5387ad95d0d375e.jpg

743486d403e36191f4244de2b4aeb1a9.jpg

*this last photos from the first session which is why they look uncomfy and unsure*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy helloooo :wave:

I haven't time for a decent reply just now, but so pleased to see you again.

I shall catch up with you later :D

Hope you're well MM :wave:

Thank you, I hope you are too? :D

Regarding Binky and Bella - those photos look very hopeful. They are touching but not so as they'd want anyone to know :lol: Bums together type of thing!

I don't do the sporadic date technique, because I find it far too arduous. I like to get things going ..... But it sounds like it's going OK if they haven't fought.

How do you intend to proceed with it? What's your gut tell you? xx

Thank you, I hope you are too? :D

Regarding Binky and Bella - those photos look very hopeful. They are touching but not so as they'd want anyone to know :lol: Bums together type of thing!

I don't do the sporadic date technique, because I find it far too arduous. I like to get things going ..... But it sounds like it's going OK if they haven't fought.

How do you intend to proceed with it? What's your gut tell you? xx

Yeah I'm doing well thanks!

We tried the straight together technique the start of last year and had instant fights, not sure what's gone different this time (think smaller space)

They're spending each meal time together, and once the foods gone I'm increasing the time they spend together, were up to 50 minutes

My gut tells me "don't trust them" :lol::lol:
I'm handling it all really delicately this time round, and I think once/if we meet that point in their friendship that it's less risky than it is now I'll go for the 24/7 straight together bond

It all makes me really nervous :lol: I'll try anything! Even had them listening to 90's love songs this morning :lol: X

Yeah I'm doing well thanks!

We tried the straight together technique the start of last year and had instant fights, not sure what's gone different this time (think smaller space)

They're spending each meal time together, and once the foods gone I'm increasing the time they spend together, were up to 50 minutes

My gut tells me "don't trust them" :lol::lol:
I'm handling it all really delicately this time round, and I think once/if we meet that point in their friendship that it's less risky than it is now I'll go for the 24/7 straight together bond

It all makes me really nervous :lol: I'll try anything! Even had them listening to 90's love songs this morning :lol: X

Well that might be a very good idea :)

I have used classic FM to soothe bunnies, and it certainly tones down the 'jumpy' factor on occasions ... It also helps *you* be more relaxed which I think has the very best benefit for the buns.

Good luck Amy, and great to see you back again :D

Sending peaceful and loving bonding vibes for your two girlies.

Thank you Omi :wave:
Well that might be a very good idea :)

I have used classic FM to soothe bunnies, and it certainly tones down the 'jumpy' factor on occasions ... It also helps *you* be more relaxed which I think has the very best benefit for the buns.

Good luck Amy, and great to see you back again :D

Thanks, they're together now and we're listening to 90's love songs again :lol:

They're currently trying to nap sideways like a Tetris bit :lol:

Do you think it'll work MM? I don't know much about the body language and stuff, only what I've researched

Thank you Omi :wave:

Thanks, they're together now and we're listening to 90's love songs again :lol:

They're currently trying to nap sideways like a Tetris bit :lol:

Do you think it'll work MM? I don't know much about the body language and stuff, only what I've researched

Well, my crystal ball is a bit grubby at the moment, so I'm not sure I can answer that :lol:

But I do know that positive intentions works wonders. If you are calm and relaxed, that makes a fantastic difference. Even if you don't feel totally comfortable and 100% positive, try and pretend you are for the sake of their successful bonding :)

Don't anticipate anything untoward happening. Keep those love songs going :D

..... and loads of good luck xxx

Well, my crystal ball is a bit grubby at the moment, so I'm not sure I can answer that :lol:

But I do know that positive intentions works wonders. If you are calm and relaxed, that makes a fantastic difference. Even if you don't feel totally comfortable and 100% positive, try and pretend you are for the sake of their successful bonding :)

Don't anticipate anything untoward happening. Keep those love songs going :D

..... and loads of good luck xxx

:lol::lol:
I've just been letting them get on with it mostly, and of course hiding my nerves from them haha! Thankyou Xx

Disappeared from the forum for ages, but I'm currently bonding Binky and Bella and it reminded me to pop back

They're having "dates", and most the time they ignore eachother and sit together to eat

Today they laid together (not full flops but still laying) and napped

It's all been fine until Bella tried to groom Binkys body and the side of her face today, Binky grunted and lunged and Bella grunted back - I pushed them apart then the carried on sitting together, they didn't fight or anything but I'm worried it'll turn to a fight

They've had 4/5 sessions now and were up to 50 minutes, but it worries me that they ignore eachother and all their interactions involve grunting

Is it normal? I'm quite over protective so do worry they'll get hurt[emoji23]

4c93a218f0ee825cc4ecbdcc9e3f8ea2.jpg

9e663a82cc39ea57a49c39a3e6853915.jpg

b2b1e77d3d730100d5387ad95d0d375e.jpg

743486d403e36191f4244de2b4aeb1a9.jpg

*this last photos from the first session which is why they look uncomfy and unsure*

They are each very cute and together they are awsome! Happy bonding.

Thankyou, two females though - really wish I could just throw a male in there and bond a trio instead[emoji23]x

Thankyou!X

:lol: I'm glad I had my joey when I bonded mine. Girls are right monkeys to bond

Thankyou all :love: I upped the time significantly yesterday and all went well, they took a nap together - then Bella woke up while Binky was still sleeping and decided she wanted to try and pull her fur :roll: luckily they settled down again after and Binky didn't retaliate, but think I'm going to go back to the previous step for a bit longer

At this rate they might be together by this time next year :roll::lol:

Back