• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cooking Minced Chicken = Captive Audience

I can't stand handling raw meat, the worst being pork then chicken. I am sure we have never had pork in the house, other than handpieces for James. He is banned from buying tongue though. Shudders !

Oh god, now that reminds me of when my Mum once made me tongue sandwiches for my school packed lunch !! I had no idea what it was so ate it. It was only when I got home and Mum asked if I enjoyed the tongue sandwiches that I gagged ! From then on I made my own sandwiches :lol:

:mrgreen:
Oh god, now that reminds me of when my Mum once made me tongue sandwiches for my school packed lunch !! I had no idea what it was so ate it. It was only when I got home and Mum asked if I enjoyed the tongue sandwiches that I gagged ! From then on I made my own sandwiches :lol:

Oh god, I would have been sick.

My aunt, the one in Australia I stayed with, used to cook brains and tripe for her husband. I remember them both in her fridge. R E V O L T I N G

A few years ago I was reading George Orwells, The Road to Wigan Pier. In the 1930's there were tripe shops all over the country. His descriptions are enough to make you want to pass out.

:mrgreen:

Oh god, I would have been sick.

My aunt, the one in Australia I stayed with, used to cook brains and tripe for her husband. I remember them both in her fridge. R E V O L T I N G

A few years ago I was reading George Orwells, The Road to Wigan Pier. In the 1930's there were tripe shops all over the country. His descriptions are enough to make you want to pass out.

My Granddad, who lived with us, used to love Tripe and Onions...................:mrgreen: Oh and lambs heart...................... *heaves* x

Morse is as adorable as ever.

When I was at uni one of the lads there borrowed my friend's slo-cooker. He had bought a heart and plonked it in whole along with some water :mrgreen: I never did find out whether he actually ate it - it was revolting.

Morse is as adorable as ever.

When I was at uni one of the lads there borrowed my friend's slo-cooker. He had bought a heart and plonked it in whole along with some water :mrgreen: I never did find out whether he actually ate it - it was revolting.

He would have had difficulty chewing it if it had not been properly prepared. In the 'old days' (cant believe I am saying that !!) hearts were sold with all the various blood vessels still attached :mrgreen: So before cooking the wretched thing you had to carry out a bit of cardiac surgery :mrgreen:

I seem to think it still had the remnants of the blood vessels attached :mrgreen: This was 30+ years ago now.

My friend and I thought we were so sophisticated - we had a lot of chicken cooked in (Homepride) red wine sauce from the slo-cooker!

I seem to think it still had the remnants of the blood vessels attached :mrgreen: This was 30+ years ago now.

My friend and I thought we were so sophisticated - we had a lot of chicken cooked in (Homepride) red wine sauce from the slo-cooker!

Ha ha !! Very posh :lol: But only if followed by Angel Delight for pudding :lol:

Aww he looks mesmerized :lol:

Ugh why would anyone want to eat a heart :mrgreen: Then again, why would anyone want to eat flesh.
The heart thing reminds me of in Game of Thrones and those barbarians the Dothraki. Except they (well, pregnant women) ate horse hearts raw, right after they had been taken out of the body. *Shudders*

Oddly I have no problem feeding my pets meat, raw or cooked, I just don't want any myself!

Back