• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WEE on carpets?

Rupert & Tia

Mama Doe
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry mods if not, just let me know and i'll move it.

We're moving house a week today, and Rupert and Tia are going to be house rabbits. We have converted the cupboard under the stairs (with a mesh door) for them, but they'll only be in there when we're busy or out or have people over (so they don't get stood on). We are having brand new carpets fitted throughout the house - although the hall one is just for now, eventually will be sanded and varnished floor boards - so easy to clean up their mess.

In the meantime - Tia is a wee-er... she is terrible, if that rabbit feels like anyone is watching her or Rupert is near the litter tray, that rabbit will not wee in the litter tray - seemingly fine to sit in front of a room full of people and wee on the carpet though :roll: :lol:

Sooo, help!!! the carpet is silver (so very light grey!) what is the best way to deal with a new wee patch - at the mo we mop it up with kitchen roll but it does leave marks... does sprinkling bicarb of soda on work? I could really do with some lovely tips please...

Whilst on the subject - we have to clean the marks on carpet stains now - best thing to use please?

Thank you x

Bicarbonate powder and white vinegar is best to remove urine patches (and stains). The powder lifts it while the vinegar neutralises it.

How many trays do the bunnies have and are they in different areas?
If she's shy could you get a cat litter tray with hood so she can feel like she's hidden anyway? Some rabbits prefer it this way.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bicarbonate powder and white vinegar is best to remove urine patches (and stains). The powder lifts it while the vinegar neutralises it.

How many trays do the bunnies have and are they in different areas?
If she's shy could you get a cat litter tray with hood so she can feel like she's hidden anyway? Some rabbits prefer it this way.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They have 3 in their shed so I'm putting 3 in their cupboard, then she has one for she comes in house at the moment, I have 4 for the new house in total.

She won't go in anything that's high -shes a rescue, was kept in a small hutch, hates being shut in, hates anything that's high - we used to have an underbed storage box for litter tray and she would not even go in). I just know she's going to hate the journey - even tho we have a 1000mm x 60mm cage for the journey - which will then become their 'base' for hay etc in their cupboard - so first thing she does when I let them out will be to wee on the cupboard to show her disgust haha. She's getting better, she used to wee daily now its once in a while if Rupert has kicked her out the litter tray - when she goes in we both turn away and that helps bless her.

I might be worrying over nothing x

Back