• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mesh windows

Trufflesmum

Young Bun
I took advice from this website when designing my rabbit shed and I've replaced the fixed styrene window with wire mesh. This has worked well over the past few days when we've had nice weather but it's really windy tonight and I'm worried that the shed might be too drafty. I wouldn't want Truffles to get ill. I've put some extra hay in her cardboard box, but she's spending most of her time in an open seagrass basket. I've insulated the walls of the shed so it's just the window I'm worried about. any advice?

If it is dry inside and she has the option of some warm, sheltered spots, she will be fine. It is cold and wet that isn't good.

Hi, my trio live outside in a hutch / run currently (we are upgrading) and despite having their cosy hutch, they are always in their run, no matter the weather. I don't think they are bothered at all. As long as she has somewhere cosy inside, with plenty of hay, she should be fine :)

The window is something I have been thinking about when planning our rabbit shed (for our new bun). I had thought about making some sort of shutter or something that would slot down inside x

Back