• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tooey has "come home" - pictures of urn and pawprint- 2 months gone

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
My son and I went to get Tooey's ashes this afternoon. They were in a plain cardboard box, so I went ahead and purchased a wooden box from my regular vet. It is actually lovely, dark wood with carved top...I think they are "Forget-Me-Nots"...our state flower. :cry: Totally appropriate. I was thinking from how the receptionist was describing it that it was one of those "craft boxes" that you'd get at Michael's!

phone%2Bpix%2Band%2Bvids%2Bto%2B5-6-16%2B032.jpg

phone%2Bpix%2Band%2Bvids%2Bto%2B5-6-16%2B033.jpg

We got two pawprints, one for me and one for my son. This one is the one he handed me.

phone%2Bpix%2Band%2Bvids%2Bto%2B5-6-16%2B036.jpg

phone%2Bpix%2Band%2Bvids%2Bto%2B5-6-16%2B037.jpg

The picture doesn't show how smudged it is. I think while I was inside the surgery getting the ashes transferred, he opened them both up and took the nicer one for himself. :( He is a bit of a selfish git at times and I fear from the way he was holding the urn on the way home (even though he didn't believe she had a private crem or that these were indeed her ashes) that there's going to be an argument about who keeps them when he moves out. (I don't trust the folks he will be living with as far a I can spit, he doesn't need to take something so precious with him where it might be messed with if things go pear shaped for him.)

I also got a rotating plexiglass picture frame to put next to it, but it got cracked somehow on the way home (or maybe it was at the store and I didn't notice) so I'll have to take it back and get another. I'm a bit miffed about that, I was hoping to build her shrine tonight and now it will be incomplete. :(

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who created good 'fur keepsake pendants' from resin that might be located over here? I need to have one made for me and one for my son, but the only one I found was on Etsy and the quality didn't thrill me. I know there was a UK artist who made these, but I don't want to send the fur that far. I don't have that much of it. :( Ta very much if anyone can help with this! :)

Anyway...all grouchiness aside...it was comforting to have these back. I wasn't sure I would feel like it was her, but somehow it does. I still miss her and wish things had been different. All I could think of today was seeing her walk around the yard. I wish she could have been. This is not a loss I am going to deal with easily. I thought I held a torch for Shadow...somehow, this is much worse. Probably because I tended her throughout her illness, unlike Shadow whom we thought was just deteriorating from old age. Had we known what was going on with him, I'd have already had to go through this.

Grasping at straws of regret. My life will be consisting of this for awhile. But my darling girl is home, safe and sound, and no one will take my memory of her away from me.

phone%2Bpix%2Band%2Bvids%2Bto%2B5-6-16%2B011.jpg

Miss you, beautiful. :cry: xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss, but that is a really beautiful box that she will be kept in.

Most people on this forum are from the UK so probably won't have any suggestions regarding the fur keepsakes pendant I'm afraid.

Sleep well Tooey xx

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful box M.She is truly home now.Its comforting to have them there and does feel like its them.Shes in your heart too.

xxxx

The box is gorgeous :love: The fact that it has Forget-me-nots carved on it, is also very apt. Welcome home Tooey. Sending hugs for when you build her shrine.

Beautiful :love:

Thinking of you, it's so hard when we lose a dear friend and companion xxx

So sorry that you lost Tooey, but pleased that she is now "home" with you again. Rest in peace lovely Tooey xxxxx

The box is beautiful :love: I love the paw print plaque :love:

Sending hugs and thinking of you xx

So sorry that you had to let her go, but she will never leave you truly. I think you're creating a beautiful memorial. I hope you can work things out with your son. I hadn't heard of the paw prints like that before, but it's a wonderful reminder x

You have some precious keepsakes. Do you have photos as well? And your memories? Why not plant a rose or tree to grow, in Tooey's memory? When you're ready to do tributes, why not do a flyer or leaflet about Tooey's life that you can give to people who ask about her, or ask how you are coping? I gave away copies of the order of service I made for my mum's funeral - it had lots of photos in it and was more a reminder of her life - for months after she died. I don't know what it did for the recipients but it helped me.

Don't let your son's behaviour come between him and you, or between you and your memories of your precious Tooey. xxx

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. :)

It's very early morning here (almost 5) and I should be asleep, but it continues to escape me. :(
I know the 'mind movies' will become less eventually, but I keep flashing back to the exam room and when she passed. It was not comfortable for her, I think. I know she feels no pain now, but she is beyond the memory. I have to live with mine for awhile. It is sometimes difficult to pull out the better ones.

I will probably plant a tree when we finally move. That is a nice idea, Happybun. :) I couldn't tend a rosebush, I have a purple thumb! :shock: At least a tree stands a chance with me! :lol:

I know my son's behaviour stems from his own grief, I just find it rather irritating from time to time. Plus he has some growing up to do. He'll get there. This experience may have stunned him, but he's also learned something as well, I hope.

I am trying to find enough nice photos of Tooey and also some music that can be a background to a video, but I don't anticipate making it soon...I have never used one of those programs and I have to make copies of everything in case I accidentally delete something! :shock:

Thank you all.
I had the most odd experience last night. I had tried to prepare a place for the urn to be displayed, I'm still not happy with it, I need pictures and so it's not complete...but I had gone into my bedroom, which is off the kitchen, and I was in there with all the animals except for Mimzy and our semiferal kitty, both of who I am fairly sure were not moving about at this time. It had gotten really quiet, my daughter was in the front room watching t.v., and I suddenly heard the sound of a cat getting off the ktichen counter as if going to the water dish on the floor. It was such a familiar sound, the sound of Tooey's footfalls, and I was stunned for a moment. I was about to ask my duaghter if she'd heard it, there is absolutely nothing else in the house that could've made that sound it was so disticnt...and I swore I was waiting for the tick of her claws on the linoleum. But I got such a sudden sense of peace and calm. It was overwhelming. I have to wonder, because I'd been hoping for some sign that she was still with us, if she waited for me to finish placing her remains in pride of place before letting me know she was there.

It's the first time in weeks that I've been able to sleep, even though I didn't get down till late again, but for Jenna getting off the bed and roaming the house, the same way she used to when Tooey was up and about...she hasn't done that in a long time, so it really made me wonder if she felt her presence too?

Anyway, I know most folks will think this is silly, but I really wanted to believe she has come back to tell me she's okay, and that she forgives me for all the difficult things we had to do to give her quality of life, and for how quickly and sadly it all ended. :cry:

I am sorry for going on about it. I just want to feel so very much like she is at peace. Everything was so empty after her passing. I feared I would not receive any indication that she was still in touch. Thanks for reading. xxxx

She is at peace now, and she will always be with you :love: I'm glad you felt at peace and calm, that is how she would want you to feel.

Hugs xx

I don't think it is silly at all and reading through it all made me cry because I know it must be so lovely for you to know that she is still with you, even if not in person (or should I say cat) :) xx

I know how you feel, and I also wanted a sign that Cookie was okay, and no longer in pain/discomfort which I got yesterday, at my parents on a very sunny, but cloudy day also a shape appeared in the clouds, outlined by sunshine almost rabbit shaped and Hubby told me that was Cookies way of saying 'I'm okay Mum'. That sounds a bit crazy I know, but it was comforting for me. We went through a lot in her final months. Take care x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back