• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting

Pumpkin71

Young Bun
Hi all, just come home and one of our two buns has got a little bit of blood above his bottom so I presume the other one may if bitten him. They are only 3 months old and are being neutered next week. I am going to the vets tomorrow to get him checked but do you think I should separate them tonight? They are both playing and eating and pooping and binkying in the garden. Frankie has been mounting jasper this week and it's Jasper that has the little bit of blood on.

So upset xx feel like a bad bunny parent xx

Hi there! It may not have been a bite... Perhaps it was caused by a nail when Frankie was mounting Jasper?

If Jasper wasn't having it he could have ran forward causing Frankie to slide off, which could easily cause a nail to scratch the skin. Rabbits have incredibly thin and sensitive skin. It seems strange to me that they are getting along so well, if it was indeed a bite. Rabbits don't typically bite enough to cause bleeding. If that were the case I would guess that they would not be acting like pals still.

Since they are not acting aggressive currently I would just keep a close eye on them for now. Any time you separate bonded rabbits you risk the potential of them not getting along when you try to reintroduce them, so it's best to reserve such actions for situations where it's absolutely necessary for the health and well being of the rabbit. If you are uncomfortable leaving them alone during the night or when you cannot keep an eye on them perhaps you could separate them in a way where they can still see and sniff each other?

I hope this helps and Jasper heals quickly :D

Thank you for your reply Akire X they live in a large shed so I am going to see if I can find anything in there that could have caused it I just feel so bad for Jasper 😢 They are always playing together and the mounting has only just recently started although it doesn't seem to bother Jasper! I really hope that they haven't been fighting. Thanks for your reply I didn't know what to do for the best and knew there would be a friendly bunny parent along with some advice 😊

I am sorry I was not online when you asked your question.

I would definitely separate the boys ( I assume they are both Bucks?) until they are neutered. Two entire Bucks will fight when they reach puberty and they can cause a lot of damage to each other. I'd check both bot's testicles ASAP, Bucks often attack each other in that region and they can rip the scrotum open.

I do hope the Vet check results in an 'all is well' situation for the boys.

Hi all, just come home and one of our two buns has got a little bit of blood above his bottom so I presume the other one may if bitten him. They are only 3 months old and are being neutered next week. I am going to the vets tomorrow to get him checked but do you think I should separate them tonight? They are both playing and eating and pooping and binkying in the garden. Frankie has been mounting jasper this week and it's Jasper that has the little bit of blood on.

So upset xx feel like a bad bunny parent xx

Hi :wave:

You are *not* a bad mummy!!

This was probably going to happen at some point with two unneutered bucks. Best to separate a and try bonding after that. Their hormones after neutering will take around 3 months to settle down, so in the meantime do you have suitable accommodation and running facilities for two separate bunnies?

Good luck at the vets with Jasper :)

Thank you for your reply Akire X they live in a large shed so I am going to see if I can find anything in there that could have caused it I just feel so bad for Jasper 😢 They are always playing together and the mounting has only just recently started although it doesn't seem to bother Jasper! I really hope that they haven't been fighting. Thanks for your reply I didn't know what to do for the best and knew there would be a friendly bunny parent along with some advice 😊

I thought I had replied to your thread just now, but I can't see it :?

Have I slipped into a parallel Universe? (it happens so often :lol:)

I thought I had replied to your thread just now, but I can't see it :?

Have I slipped into a parallel Universe? (it happens so often :lol:)

There were two threads so I just merged them ..... and probably confused you even more now..... :lol:

Thanks for the replies all X I think I may have caused confusion as I posted and then couldn't find it so posted it again not realising it was in another section!!!

Hi Pumpkin! Did you end up separating them? How are they doing?
sign0203.gif

Hi Akire,
I Separated them for that night only! Went to the vet and he couldn't find any cuts etc on either of them.

Did a full inspection of the shed no blood found. We do have willow on a roll around the bottom of the shed to protect the wood and my other half found that behind their hutch in the shed they had eaten it and there was some wire there which held the willow together so we have come to the conclusion it might have been that! They also had a health check and vaccinations and the vet said they are very healthy and beautiful!!

They were on the grass all day yesterday playing together, they were all cuddly in the car going to the vets and we brought them in the house for some tv time lol last night and they both seem fine so it's been a bit of a mystery really.

Hi Akire,
I Separated them for that night only! Went to the vet and he couldn't find any cuts etc on either of them.

Did a full inspection of the shed no blood found. We do have willow on a roll around the bottom of the shed to protect the wood and my other half found that behind their hutch in the shed they had eaten it and there was some wire there which held the willow together so we have come to the conclusion it might have been that! They also had a health check and vaccinations and the vet said they are very healthy and beautiful!!

They were on the grass all day yesterday playing together, they were all cuddly in the car going to the vets and we brought them in the house for some tv time lol last night and they both seem fine so it's been a bit of a mystery really.

Beautiful photo :love:

Those two look like they know their own minds :D

Back