• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits have had a huge fight :(

Theo

Warren Scout
Theo (male) and Bluebell (female) both neutered were half way to being bonded i.e., they were happy to cuddle up to one another in the living room with no problem but weren't staying together over night - they were alternating between hutch and pen, still in sight of one another. Very slow progress, taken about 6 weeks.

Theo had a dental on Wednesday and when they were back together there was a bit of fur pulling so I separated them again (could see each other through the bars). I anticipated this as Theo would smell like the vets.

I've just tried them together again now in an enclosed space and straight away there was a huge fight . This time Bluebell was pulling fur from Theo too which she has never done before.

Where do I go from here?!

Sorry to hear this :(. A quick answer as have to dash out but as you've no other replies received just yet. I'd keep both buns separate for now . Bluebell may sense Theo is below par after his dental & vet visit so his trying for top bunny? Give Theo some more healing time & all of you some breathing time - a few days / week or so & then back to the drawing board. Both bunnies need to be at their best physically x

Sorry to hear this :(. A quick answer as have to dash out but as you've no other replies received just yet. I'd keep both buns separate for now . Bluebell may sense Theo is below par after his dental & vet visit so his trying for top bunny? Give Theo some more healing time & all of you some breathing time - a few days / week or so & then back to the drawing board. Both bunnies need to be at their best physically x

I agree! It is possibly too soon after Theo's dental.

Thank you both for your replies. I have separated them again and they seem fine through bars but I'll leave it a few more days til I try them together again.

Back