• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Territorial bun - trying to find a rescue that will also provide a bonding service

I have recently lost my darling bunny Thumper and since then Poppet, his bonded partner has increased her territorial behaviour. I think she needs a new friend asap. I have been working on her behaviour and spending time with her, but these issues meant I really struggled to bond her and Thump last time and they never really gelled. The rescue I got her from didnt provide a bonding service and other rescues that did only bonded their own adoptions and had long waiting lists. I don't think I'm the right person for the job so if anyone could recommend a rescue that will find the perfect little pal for Pop and ensure they are bonded, I am willing to travel (obviously the shorter the drive, the better for bunnys sake)?

Also, do you think that bonding as a trio might be a better plan than a duo? She doesn't attack, will tolerate stroking and picking up for nails... Just... Hand feeding is fine, sometimes. But she has been biting more (warning biting without pressure, more nibbling of trousers, destructive behaviour when I lock her out to clean shed - if I don't she grunts and boxes me as I put down the hay.) I don't move out of her way if she bites and if I remember let out an 'eep' so she knows biting hurts. She's not overly aggressive by any means, but has been speyed two years ago, yet still displays these problems which limited her relationship with thumper.

Anyway, any recommendations please would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
Are you near Wokingham? I believe Reading Rabbit Rescue used to offer to bond the rabbits they were rehoming. I am sure there will be others as well

Hi again, I'm still struggling to find a rescue that will find a bun friend and bond them with poppet. She's getting more terratorial and withdrawn by the second and needs a friend. I've tried everyone one above and they either never got back to me, despite several tries or keep putting back their availablity dates, I understand why they are busy though (but it doesn't help poppet). I'm getting desperate now and I'm not sure I'm the right owner for poppet. I'm trying my best but maybe someone more experienced with this will help her. She's not attacking, but she is now lunging and grunting when my hand goes within a yard of her. I've tried everything I can for the last two years. Perhaps I'm just a not good enough for her needs.

Please can someone suggest a rescue who can bond her for me as soon as possible? I know this won't fix everything, but perhaps she will be happier with a proper bond and less angry/scared? Thank you.

Did you try the Warren? I know they have single buns recently in from another rescue and offer a bonding service.

ARC are based in Twickenham or the Rabbit Crossing in Windlesham - not horrendously far from wokingham and they both do the bonding.

Rabbit Crossing will try with different bunnies if the bond looks to be a no go, and I think ARC do the same.

Ah, yes. I tried emailing the warren twice but I got no response. I've gone on the windlesham FB page and asked for contact. I'll look for ARC now. Thank you

Back