• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not eating outside

angelmouse

Mama Doe
Not quite sure if this should be here or diet but I think it is a behaviour thing.
Inara has been both an indoor and outdoor rabbit in the time we've had her with no problems. About October/November last year she moved inside again into my flat. She loves the attention she gets as a house bunny (and regularly binkys when she is being told to get out of somewhere or come back), but given we had such a mild winter and my flat was not warm we thought we could leave her out in her shed/ run to play during warmer days. This is where the problem hits, she will not eat or use a litter tray outside anymore. Take her litter tray out, her hay rack, fresh breakfast, pellets, nothing. (Except treats, they can be consumed outside). Even when she's not had breakfast inside (which she's normally chucking things around for from 7am). Then when she comes back inside again she's back to normal, eating, pooping etc. This obviously limits the amount of time she can play out for, any suggestions??

I think she is Zoobec! Which is unfortunate as the boarding facility she is booked into for a week sometime in May is covered outside. Hence I need to get her cooperating before then.

I think she is Zoobec! Which is unfortunate as the boarding facility she is booked into for a week sometime in May is covered outside. Hence I need to get her cooperating before then.

Oh dear, hope you can persuade her to behave :thumb:

Back